yconic - References
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

References

A photo of lmao lmao
I got fired at this place I worked for a year, should I still include it in my AEO APP? I mean what are the chances they are going to call?

Or should I leave my work experience section with the only one other experience I have.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of saber33 saber33
I wouldn't include it unless you can trust the contact to say good things about you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Goodbye Goodbye

@saber33 wrote
I wouldn't include it unless you can trust the contact to say good things about you.

But aren't they just verifying that you worked there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
IMO: It's not good to use a reference to a place where you left on bad terms i.e. were fired. You definitely would not want the university to know that. However, maybe you can ask your contact how they feel. It's hard to say whether they will actually call.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of forthewinwin forthewinwin

@lemony wrote
IMO: It's not good to use a reference to a place where you left on bad terms i.e. were fired. You definitely would not want the university to know that. However, maybe you can ask your contact how they feel. It's hard to say whether they will actually call.

I know Sauder calls sooo... well, depends I guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of athrunxo athrunxo
I don't think schools will call to verify. But I know some of them do so don't lie about extra curriculars.lol As for the getting fired thing, I'm sure you're gonna be ok. They don't care too much. I got fired from my workplace too lol :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
Thanks Guys.

Haha athrunxo, good to know someone's on the same boat. Like it wasn't because I raped someone or beat up someone or anything, I just stopped showing up to work.

Hmmm, I'm going to take the risk and put it.

Was this helpful? Yes 0