yconic - Regular Western BMOS vs. Laurier Honours BBA??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Regular Western BMOS vs. Laurier Honours BBA??

A photo of kieonsegg kieonsegg
Got in to both. I have an 85 avg i have no idea how i got in to Laurier i didnt even submit an ABS haha

Anyways, which program do i choose?!

I like the idea that Laurier has co-op and a small campus, but i did not really like the campus and area overall whereas i loved Western. I did not take Calc in high school, is this gonna be a problem @ Laurier? (apparently you can do a half credit of statistics and a half credit of algebra instead of calc at western)
Is Laurier gonna be alot harder?

Which program is gonna land me a better job in the future???

Details: Im really interested in marketing and plan to get my mba a few years after working for a bit.

ANY advice to any of these programs would be great.

Thanks in advance!

****EDIT*****
I don't think I will get in to ivey and i'm not the most outgoing guy when it comes to EC's
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Laurier all the way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ToiTeam ToiTeam
Laurier BBA = The Baws
Western BMOS = The Baws's Stuff ! xD

Enuf said
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of beyondsection17 beyondsection17
Laurier. BMOS doesn't compare.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kieonsegg kieonsegg
ok i understand laurier's program is better. but is it worth the risk if i potentially wont like living 4 years there? (it was kindof depressing)
secondly, everybody is just telling me its an undergrad and it doesnt matter to much where i get my undergrad from it just matters where my mba is from. is that true??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98

@kieonsegg wrote
ok i understand laurier's program is better. but is it worth the risk if i potentially wont like living 4 years there? (it was kindof depressing)
secondly, everybody is just telling me its an undergrad and it doesnt matter to much where i get my undergrad from it just matters where my mba is from. is that true??

Ive never heard of anyone hating Laurier. Graduates love the school, current students love the school. And if you can't have fun there you probably cant have anywhere.

MBA programs look at work experience as well. The Laurier co-op system will help you get there.

But to ignore your undergrad and only worry about the degree you MIGHT get in ~8 years is incredibly stupid.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@kieonsegg wrote

I don't like the campus either but it's definitely better and in the end that's a bit more important. And I've also heard everyone ends up liking the campus and the people so it should work out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17
lolol laurier without a doubtttttttttttt
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@apark17 wrote
lolol laurier without a doubtttttttttttt

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ puǝıɹɟ ʎɯ sıɥʇ ʇuǝɔɹǝd pǝɹpunɥ ǝuo
Was this helpful? Yes 0