yconic - Rejected by Trin, accepted by Vic- normal?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rejected by Trin, accepted by Vic- normal?

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Trinity was my top choice until I got rejected...along with that, I found out I got accepted to Vic. Is this normal? I thought you had to list Vic as #1, but I ranked it as #7.
-sigh- I thought I had a good chance at getting accepted since I have good ECs, a 90+ average, and spent a lot of time on the supp.
I was really excited on thinking what would happen if I got accepted, so it was obviously a big letdown. I'm not saying I was so good, but I had some confidence in myself after getting accepted to McGill (Desautels & Arts) and UBC (Sauder & Arts) and this other super good program in HK.
Also, what do Trin admissions officers look at? My creative piece was probably wrong (it was about feminism & artsy), but accepted to Vic? HUH?
Thanks.
:(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Qq Qq
Thats... not right
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Qq wrote
Thats... not right

That's what I thought...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I didn't know that was possible either. Don't be so bummed out though; Vic's amazing in its own right.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Palisades Palisades
I feel like if your grades are 90+ and you didn't get into Trinity (surprisingly enough) they'd give you your second choice, not your seventh... I would call the registrar's office and see if that's an error.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@Palisades wrote
I feel like if your grades are 90+ and you didn't get into Trinity (surprisingly enough) they'd give you your second choice, not your seventh... I would call the registrar's office and see if that's an error.

Agreed. There's probably a mistake or something, since you have to rank Vic as your first choice and do the student profile to get accepted to Vic....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
They already did a student profile, so I guess they transferred that one over to Vic. If Vic is your seventh choice, definitely contact them and say that you want one of your other choices instead - there is no way they every other college before Vic rejected you. It sounds like they just made a weird assumption. Either that, or who knows, maybe they meant to accept you to Trinity and accepted you to Victoria instead? :b
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21

@lemony wrote
They already did a student profile, so I guess they transferred that one over to Vic.

Doubtful, the Trin and Vic student profiles are completely different.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony

@clairec21 wrote

@lemony wrote
They already did a student profile, so I guess they transferred that one over to Vic.

Doubtful, the Trin and Vic student profiles are completely different.

I thought that students can only fill out the student profile of Trinity or Victoria when it is their first choice. I would assume that it must be that one college can look at the other's student profile, otherwise nobody who applied to Trinity would be able to go in Victoria, and vice versa. And it would certainly not help explain the situation of the OP.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
That's so odd...Personally, if I applied to Trin as my first choice, I would want Vic second if they allowed it. However, since you put it down as one of your last choices, I guess I can understand why you are baffled by what happened. As the others said, contact them and ask what's up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

Thanks for the advice! The Vic person said I could change it if I contacted u of t, but I don't think i'll be going there anymore. Vic would be my second choice, but it was my 7th cause i was like "i can't get in there anyway if I don't rank it as 1st."
I seriously do not get the college system at all.
Good luck everyone else!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Weird, but... hey, Vic is cool too!
Was this helpful? Yes 0