yconic - Rejected by Trinity
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rejected by Trinity

A photo of Commando3200 Commando3200
Hi all!

I got my offer of admission for UofT Life Sciences four days ago, but got rejected to Trinity.

Is there any way I can still go to Trinity instead of St. Mike's (the one I was accepted to)?

St. Mike's was my fifth choice, and I was kinda hoping that I would be in Trinity...

If not, what colleges have nice Rez's, and talk to me about St. Mike's.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
18 replies

A photo of senioriatultraman senioriatultraman
I'm pretty sure you can do so in your second year if you maintained a good GPA.
Just out of curiosity, what's your average? I'm still waiting for my decision for Trinity S:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23

@Commando3200 wrote
Hi all!

I got my offer of admission for UofT Life Sciences four days ago, but got rejected to Trinity.

Is there any way I can still go to Trinity instead of St. Mike's (the one I was accepted to)?

St. Mike's was my fifth choice, and I was kinda hoping that I would be in Trinity...

Thanks

Hey, I was wondering why they didn't give you choices 2-4?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@Commando3200 wrote
Hi all!

Thanks

I guess you would have to just stick it out at St. Mike's for first year, and maybe transfer to Trinity 2nd year...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
^ Are you planning on going to Carleton heesoup?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of clairec21 clairec21
St.Mike's is actually quite nice.
It has attractive architecture and the residences are pretty good.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Isn't St. Mikes the religious college?
I remember reading something on here about a lot of Catholics applying to that college, but I don't know.
It's weird though.. how you would get accepted to your fifth choice but no your 2nd 3rd or 4th.
o_O
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I have a friend who goes to U of T, and when I asked her how easy it is to change your college, she said it's more difficult to transfer from one college to another than it is to transfer from one university to another. You should probably email U of T to make sure you can change your college if you need/want to, and how it would work.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ffcelik wrote
^ Are you planning on going to Carleton heesoup?

Probably not. Although I would really like to, the financial aspect as well as the distance away from my home (London) makes it difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Jordan23 wrote

@Commando3200 wrote
Hi all!

Thanks

Because they were Vic, Innis and UC. I would've liked any of those, but oh well...

So, is there any way I can still go to Trinity for first year, or which colleges have nice Rez's?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shomzie322 Shomzie322
can you please post your grades ? :) i'm waiting on u of t for poly sci and i ranked vic as first so yeah : P grats on getting accepted already !
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Commando3200 wrote

@Jordan23 wrote

@Commando3200 wrote
Hi all!

Thanks

Because they were Vic, Innis and UC. I would've liked any of those, but oh well...

So, is there any way I can still go to Trinity for first year, or which colleges have nice Rez's?

I don't think you can go to Trin for first year if they specifically rejected you. But maybe Chestnut for rez? I am not entirely sure about this.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Shomzie322 wrote
can you please post your grades ? :) i'm waiting on u of t for poly sci and i ranked vic as first so yeah : P grats on getting accepted already !

Thanks, but they're of little use to you because they're IB grades. There's no set conversion scale for them either...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bettyzhou23 bettyzhou23

@Commando3200 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

Thanks, but they're of little use to you because they're IB grades. There's no set conversion scale for them either...

Hey i am in IB too! and i applied to U of T vic college. if you dont mind can you tell me what your predicted score was? ( plus tok and EE ) because i have 32 and i applied for social science. i dont know if i am gonna get in .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bettyzhou23 bettyzhou23

@Commando3200 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

Hey i am in IB too! and i applied to U of T vic college. if you dont mind can you tell me what your predicted score was? ( plus tok and EE ) because i have 32 and i applied for social science. i dont know if i am gonna get in .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zeal Zeal
What's so special about trinity, anyway? I just want to know what all this hype is about. Does it really make that much of a difference?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Zeal wrote
What's so special about trinity, anyway? I just want to know what all this hype is about. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Not really. But because of its rep, people would like to be accepted and be able to say "Haha, I got into Trinity."
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline

@bettyzhou23 wrote

@Commando3200 wrote

@Shomzie322 wrote

If you wouldn't mind, could you please post them? Some of us here understand IB grades. Also UBC has a rough conversion, 4=78, 5=86, 6=90, 7=97 that they use.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

31/45

Pretty low to be honest... I'm expecting it to improve significantly for the final grade though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0