yconic - Rejected from Queen's Science?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rejected from Queen's Science?

A photo of bioboy bioboy
Hey guys,

I have a 86.3% average and I just saw on MyQueen's that I got rejected from the program. I saw that people with 85% got waitlisted on this forum. Why wasn't I competitive for this program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@bioboy wrote
Hey guys,

I have a 86.3% average and I just saw on MyQueen's that I got rejected from the program. I saw that people with 85% got waitlisted on this forum. Why wasn't I competitive for this program?

Queen's uses a haunted Ouija board as its primary admission process. Perhaps you have angered the spirits recently? If you pass the Spirit Test you're eligible for being either accepted or waitlisted. In the next evaluation, they tape your application to a Kingston cow and release the cattle into an elaborate hedge labyrinth. The ones that make it out within 24 hours are accepted to the program at Queen's, while the rest are waitlisted.

Don't take the rejection personally. You might want to call in to see if there was anything missing from your application or peculiar with the admissions this year. Perhaps there was a larger emphasis on the PSE this year? There is a certain subjective element that is inherent to all admission processes. Also, have you considered that the 85% average person on this forum has had stellar EC's and achievements? Perhaps they also had personal issues or had talked to Queen's to arrange some sort of special treatment.

In any case, it doesn't hurt to call Queen's! They'll likely give you a fairly bland answer and refuse to talk about specifics, but it's worth a shot :cat:
Was this helpful? Yes 0