yconic - Rejected Schulich (Advice...)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rejected Schulich (Advice...)

A photo of Fiasco29 Fiasco29
Hey peoples,

Just thought that I'd make this new topic to kind of relieve some of the stress that I'm sure all Schulich applicants are having at the moment.

I'm currently in my first year of undergraduate studies at York University (Biomedical Science). Last year at around this time I too applied to Schulich (meaning handed in my SAF) and was a nervous wreck. Back then I had made up my mind and thought that I was going to pursue a career in business. I was applying with around a 91% average and decent EC's.

After a couple of months of waiting, during March I received an offer to Schulich's BBA program, which I'm pretty sure was the first wave of offers that they sent out. I accepted my offer and even attended the orientation to get enrolled into my courses.

On the last day (for switching programs) I had a change of heart and actually rejected Schulichs offer to pursue medicine and consequently accepted York's Biomedical program (Why? b/c its the easiest to get a high GPA in)

So what I want potential Schulich-ers to take away from this is that if you have an average that is above 90% along with some decent EC's you will get in NO PROBLEM. I got in during the first wave but I had 2 friends with 90% averages that got in during the second wave.

Stop stressing and worry about EXAMS, you do need to maintain an avg. above 90%!

Best of luck,

The Man who stuck it to Schulich (business isn't all that its cut out to be)

Peace.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Well said.

Going off slightly what you said as well, if you get rejected from Schulich, or your other top school, is not the end of the world. You have back ups, and sometimes can be even more happy with your "second" choice. Go where you'll be happy, not necessarily the place with the highest admission average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli

@Fiasco29 wrote
Hey peoples,

Just thought that I'd make this new topic to kind of relieve some of the stress that I'm sure all Schulich applicants are having at the moment.

I'm currently in my first year of undergraduate studies at York University (Biomedical Science). Last year at around this time I too applied to Schulich (meaning handed in my SAF) and was a nervous wreck. Back then I had made up my mind and thought that I was going to pursue a career in business. I was applying with around a 91% average and decent EC's.

After a couple of months of waiting, during March I received an offer to Schulich's BBA program, which I'm pretty sure was the first wave of offers that they sent out. I accepted my offer and even attended the orientation to get enrolled into my courses.

On the last day (for switching programs) I had a change of heart and actually rejected Schulichs offer to pursue medicine and consequently accepted York's Biomedical program (Why? b/c its the easiest to get a high GPA in)

So what I want potential Schulich-ers to take away from this is that if you have an average that is above 90% along with some decent EC's you will get in NO PROBLEM. I got in during the first wave but I had 2 friends with 90% averages that got in during the second wave.

Stop stressing and worry about EXAMS, you do need to maintain an avg. above 90%!

Best of luck,

The Man who stuck it to Schulich (business isn't all that its cut out to be)

Peace.

Hi, I am just wondering, what do you mean by "decent" ECs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0