yconic - Rejection to program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rejection to program

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So i have received 2/3 rejections and i don't know what to do. Do universities look at your final semester grades? Know that I have a semester with Bio, Chem, Physics, and calculus.. i am student trustee on the school board. work every day, volunteer, am working on grade 10 piano and just finished theory.. my parents hate the idea of me staying a 5th year of high school but with everything i have going on my marks suffered.. Any ideas??? Help :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of FiresinX FiresinX

@gleefan wrote
So i have received 2/3 rejections and i don't know what to do. Do universities look at your final semester grades? Know that I have a semester with Bio, Chem, Physics, and calculus.. i am student trustee on the school board. work every day, volunteer, am working on grade 10 piano and just finished theory.. my parents hate the idea of me staying a 5th year of high school but with everything i have going on my marks suffered.. Any ideas??? Help :(

Sorry to break it for you, reality is this isn't grad school. Thousands and thousands of students apply to udnergrad every year, they simply don't have the time to look at everything you did. In reality, they don't care about your EC's unless cutoff is like 85 and your just udner it. If this was grad school or prof. schools they will look at you as a whole...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of biosci biosci
Ok well don't sweat it. You have one more school that might except you right? There is nothing wrong with doing a 5th year. I did a 5th year and my parents didn't like the idea but it was well worth it. I took calculus and had the chance to take physics. It was a lot different without my friends around and I got to concentrate. I just didn't feel ready going away for university at 17 years old. I am glad I did a 5th year.

If you don't get in this year do a 5th year and you will get in next year. :bball: wish you all the best!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@biosci wrote
Ok well don't sweat it. You have one more school that might except you right? There is nothing wrong with doing a 5th year. I did a 5th year and my parents didn't like the idea but it was well worth it. I took calculus and had the chance to take physics. It was a lot different without my friends around and I got to concentrate. I just didn't feel ready going away for university at 17 years old. I am glad I did a 5th year.

If you don't get in this year do a 5th year and you will get in next year. :bball: wish you all the best!

Thank you and yes I did decide to do a 5th year. I now have the opportunity to take some of my poorer classes over again and takes some spares (for the first time ever!) It's better this way and you are right that even though most of my friends won't be around I will have more time to focus!

Was this helpful? Yes 0