yconic - Repeating Courses for Waterloo Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Repeating Courses for Waterloo Science

A photo of HereRoll HereRoll
Good evening everything. I have recently received my marks for finals of first semester and my advanced function wasn't great. I got 70% on it and i went to guidance to apply to retake it next semester sine i have spare then anyways. My stress now is, will Waterloo care that i took it again. I know for their engineering program they would normally deduct 3%-5% off your overall average. Will that be the same case for Life sciences at Waterloo? If it is do you think its worth doing again, cause ill have to score 18%-30% higher if it is they will deduct 3%-5% from my overall. Also, how does life science for UofT feel about repeated courses. Of course i know universities would prefer courses that aren't retaken but would they accept them still without penalty or explanations. Thanks for anyone who can help relieve my stress!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of North North

@HereRoll wrote
Good evening everything. I have recently received my marks for finals of first semester and my advanced function wasn't great. I got 70% on it and i went to guidance to apply to retake it next semester sine i have spare then anyways. My stress now is, will Waterloo care that i took it again. I know for their engineering program they would normally deduct 3%-5% off your overall average. Will that be the same case for Life sciences at Waterloo? If it is do you think its worth doing again, cause ill have to score 18%-30% higher if it is they will deduct 3%-5% from my overall. Also, how does life science for UofT feel about repeated courses. Of course i know universities would prefer courses that aren't retaken but would they accept them still without penalty or explanations. Thanks for anyone who can help relieve my stress!!

http://findoutmore.uwaterloo.ca/admissions/repeated.php

It doesn't explicity say that they will decrease you're average for Science at UW. It just says that they'll consider it. I would take that as if it's between two people with the same average and one repeated and the other did it then they would take the one who didn't repeat. But I would probably re-take it in this situation because it doesn't say they'll take anything off.

If you're still worried email/call the university.

Can't help with UofT sorry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dianakoncan dianakoncan
If you know you could get a significantly higher mark, retake the course.
Any university would consider their options in terms of competition, and choose based on that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0