yconic - Repeating grade 12
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Repeating grade 12

A photo of Bawwwwss Bawwwwss
I will be attending high school for one more year. I was going to study accounting in university this year until I realized that accounting really was not for me. Instead, I will be applying for mechanical and civil engineering this coming december.

Will universities be looking at my first year grade twelve marks? Will universities take into account my first year grade twelve marks when handing out early acceptances? For example, my first semester consists of;
- challenge & change in society
- advanced functions
- chemistry

Will the universities take my top three courses from last year as well as the three courses I will be taking in semester one?

Thanks for any responses and I hope I did not make this too confusing for you to read :cheese:

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of nsx nsx
I don't think they look at when you did the course that is required, but just the mark.

I could be wrong though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
wtf, how did you get into accounting without taking adv functions... let alone calculus
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
Are you repeating any previously completed courses? If that is the case (I think it is, considering you wouldn't have been admitted to an accounting program without a credit in Advanced Functions), I believe they look at all the first attempts from last year and then look at the repeats later. Some programs only consider first attempts, but if not, they will usually go with the higher one. Your top six average will consist of whatever are your six highest marks, prerequisites included as a must. So it won't necessarily be 3 from your first semester and 3 from your last year, unless all 3 of those courses in first semester are required.

Edit: For early acceptances, I think they will use your last year's grade 12 marks, since they're available.
Was this helpful? Yes 0