yconic - Request Advice Plan in Business
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Request Advice Plan in Business

A photo of Keiser561993 Keiser561993
MCV4U for sure. Calculus is pretty important for university math/science programs.

Other than that, it really depends what you're interested in. If you're set on finance or accounting for example, I wouldn't reccomend taking bio. (Unless you really like it). I can't really make other suggestions because I don't know what you're aiming for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of steele steele
MCV4U for sure. Calculus is pretty important for university math/science programs.

Other than that, it really depends what you're interested in. If you're set on finance or accounting for example, I wouldn't reccomend taking bio. (Unless you really like it). I can't really make other suggestions because I don't know what you're aiming for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of steele steele
Well if you enjoy math, I would definitely reccomend taking physics. I find it interesting, one of the few classes I don't actually feel the urge to fall asleep in.

I wouldn't stress too much about picking courses. You can always switch out of a class if you find its not for you, or change your mind about where your interests lie. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blackjack blackjack
Definitely MCV, and I think MDM is pretty interesting too if you like math.
If you want to do business you should do BAT. I took BBB last year and I'm taking BOH now and they're both pretty useless, they're just bird courses to raise my average. if my school had accounting I would definitely take it x.x
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of misSxWartooth misSxWartooth
calculus bio and physics should get you to where you want to be, but chemistry should help you too, especially for "Mathematics and Biology" but for finance and accounting DATA will be your best friend <3 (MDM4U)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nai Nai
MDM can either be a good course or a really awful one depending on your teacher (as with any course, but this one in particular). A lot of the topics you would cover are so abstract that if you don't have a teacher that actually likes teaching it and knows how you will have a really miserable experience. At least that's what happened to me this year.

Definitely Calc though, and if calc then physics because calculus is the math of physics (it was invented to solve physics problems that deal with constantly changing variables).

I would also recommend CIA4U Economics. It's really interesting and I've had a good experience with it. In my class most of the math is fairly simple stuff (like solving a linear system to determine a market equilibrium). And you get to learn about a lot of useful things like how to invest and what the different types of investment options are.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
Your programs are split really.

If you want the first half of finance, accounting, economics etc. take MCV, MDM and either CIA or BAT
if you want the bottom half of sciences, take MCV, SBI and SPH
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pepper pepper
If you are going into the business or math fields like you have said. You should take the advanced functions course and the calculus course to keep your options open. But, you have to take advanced functions in order to take calculus so if this is for second semester you would only be able to take advanced function. And since it looks like you are very business oriented you should also take those courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted