yconic - Requirements for Honours Kinesiology 1 at McMaster and Biomed at Western
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Requirements for Honours Kinesiology 1 at McMaster and Biomed at Western

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
According to this site..the cutoff is supposed to be 85-87, is this accurate
http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/associatedean/prospective/155-honours-kinesiology-1

I have switched to this program because from life sci at mac for this reason...

Although the cutoff for life sci at mac is anticipated to be 83-86, as stated on the same site, the admissions office has stated that the current cutoff is 89, and is not likely to change because the of the high marks being presented by applicants. Thus, the admission average will definitely not descend beyond 88, which also happens to be similar to last year.

Also, what is the admission requirement for Western Biomed.

My current average is 85.5.

Eng. 75
Two History Credits: Both 90
Adv Func. 89
Data Management 89
Biology 80
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of despairless despairless
Hello, Mac Kinesiology 1 and Western Biomed are my first choices as well :)
I was also confused about the cutoff for Kinesiology so I e-mailed Mac the other day. They said the cutoff is in the 88% range so only applicants with 88% averages are receiving offers at this time. This average may be lowered once second semester mid-term marks are forwarded, likely by 1-2% at the most.
You'll probably be put in the waiting list in this case and you might get an offer in May.

The cutoff for Western Biomed was 85.5% last year so you're right on the dot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Thanks.

I also noticed the discrepancy as to what the cutoffs are. I think i may be able to get the average to 86..hopefully i get in then
Was this helpful? Yes 0