yconic - Residence Fees and Meal Plans at the University of King's College
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Residence Fees and Meal Plans at the University of King's College

A photo of GwendolynMG GwendolynMG
I recently got my acceptance from the University of King's College (the one in Halifax), and I was wondering if anyone here had any advice regarding room and board.

I do intend to stay in residence during my first year, and I am set on going to King's, but I'm not sure about sending in my residence deposit (400$) so early on. They claim that they can't guarantee residence spots for every first year- should I just give in and accept right away? Are there any downsides to accepting this early (aside from loosing the acceptance deposit)? Are there any particular dorms that I should go for, or stay away from?

Also, which meal plan should I go for? I've heard that the food is pretty bad, but the package that they sent me claims that they're re-doing their caf services...should I go for the smallest meal plan and plan on eating off-campus fairly often?

Cheers,

Gwendolyn
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of Lifeguard Lifeguard
Congrats! Kings is a great school. My best friend goes there and I had the chance to visit her a few months ago. If you know you want to go then, then deffinatly accept now. The school is small and they don't have a lot of space. My friend ran into some trouble and almost didn't have a room. I'm not sure about the food, since I never ate there myself, although she did say it could get boring. They do have a lot of vegetarian/vegan options though. King's has a really great enviroment and the academics are fab. I'm sure you'll have a great time!
Was this helpful? Yes 0