yconic - Residence Info
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Residence Info

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
I was wondering if anyone knows when universities start sending out residence information. Do they wait until you've been accepted or do they only send them later in the spring?
I hope they send it soon because I'd like to start comparing the residences and figure out where I want to go.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Don't go to residence. Choose the university based on its merits and then buy an apartment in that city, close to campus. Avoid residence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Penguineer Penguineer
Well, I'm excited to go to residence. I'm just wondering when I'll get the additional information I asked for when I applied.
I am definetely making my choice based on academics but it would be nice to know a little bit more about where I'll be living. Also, I'd like to have some time to look over all the different halls and buildings and what they offer so I can rank them based on preference.

So, to reiterate my question, when do these packets get sent out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I thought you applied for residence when you applied for admission...?

If you're asking when you get accepted/rejected, it depends on the school. UBC has already accepted a lot of people for residence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
They usually wait until you've been accepted, I think. At least for the schools I applied to, I didn't start getting reminders to fill out rez apps until after my acceptance, and even then not until April/May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0