yconic - RESIDENCE OFFER <3
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

RESIDENCE OFFER <3

A photo of fruitpunch9 fruitpunch9
Did anyone receive the residence offer from Trinity college today? Just wondering...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of Nyx Nyx
Yes. did you?
I was kinda disappointed.
All it said was( at the back too) "you've been offered rez at trin/sthilda's
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote
Yes. did you?

oh crap, my offer only says "admitted both to the U of t and to trinity college", but how come at the back it's saying that I need to apply for residence (there's a deposit deadline or sth)? What does this mean?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I don't even know..i got 1 yellowish page from trin, 1 printout for some orientation thing, and a brochure for trin...let me check it again
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@fruitpunch9 wrote

@Nyx wrote
Yes. did you?

oh crap, my offer only says "admitted both to the U of t and to trinity college", but how come at the back it's saying that I need to apply for residence (there's a deposit deadline or sth)? What does this mean?

Ok mine says: "The college is offering you a place in it's residence at Trinity/St. Hilda's", then it goes on to talk about 89 chestnut and applying for rez.

The deposit and deadline thing is pretty standard with all the unis i've gotten mail from. It's usually to reserve a place so that they know you're coming to rez.

What i don't understand is why we have to "apply" for rez. Are we not guaranteed it? I don't want to go to Chestnut, I applied to Trin so i could live at Trin, not 20 mins away and off campus.

I dislike that they are so vague with information.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote

@fruitpunch9 wrote

@Nyx wrote
Yes. did you?

Ok mine says: "The college is offering you a place in it's residence at Trinity/St. Hilda's", then it goes on to talk about 89 chestnut and applying for rez.

The deposit and deadline thing is pretty standard with all the unis i've gotten mail from. It's usually to reserve a place so that they know you're coming to rez.

What i don't understand is why we have to "apply" for rez. Are we not guaranteed it? I don't want to go to Chestnut, I applied to Trin so i could live at Trin, not 20 mins away and off campus.

Weird, Trinity's rez offer is very disappointing to me. Btw, mine didn't mention anything about Trinity, St. Hilda or Chestnut (screw chestnut even though it sounds yummy). There's also a link given and I found this:
"The University of Toronto also houses students at Chestnut Residence, which is not part of Trinity College.... Living at Chestnut Residence will not restrict your membership at Trinity College."

I think this's essentially saying that we're just members of trinity, but the rez app is an entirely different concept....and I'm going to call the registrar's office soon thanks to their confusing letter
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
^please update when you do:sunny:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of treecows treecows
Admission acceptance isn't the same as residence admission - you apply for rez after you accept the offer.

All my friends that go to Trin and got rez at Trin/St Hilda's. Chesnut is just if they happen to get overbooked for rez which doesn't happen a lot since there are a lot of students who choose to live in Chesnut and it equals out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Hey guys, did everyone get sent one? Like snail mail? When did you get in if you heard this week?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele
I got my offer to Chestnut Residence today. It's kinda meh, I was hoping for New or Innis, and I asked for a single but got a double. Guess I'll have to make do lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
^ is but this after you accepted your university offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of matt99 matt99

@steele wrote
I got my offer to Chestnut Residence today. It's kinda meh, I was hoping for New or Innis, and I asked for a single but got a double. Guess I'll have to make do lol.

Same thing happened to me, and one of my friends. I chose shared apartment (Innis) as my preferred style of residence and single room as most important preference so I have no idea how I got a double room at Chestnut. Oh well...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@Nyx wrote
^ is but this after you accepted your university offer?

Yeah, I accepted my offer to the program about 2 weeks ago, and got the res offer yesterday. It kinda surprised me beacuse they said "most res offers are made in May or June".

@matt99 wrote

@steele wrote

Same thing happened to me, and one of my friends. I chose shared apartment (Innis) as my preferred style of residence and single room as most important preference so I have no idea how I got a double room at Chestnut. Oh well...

Haha yeah it seems like our RPF was pointless... :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Nyx wrote

@fruitpunch9 wrote

@Nyx wrote
Yes. did you?

There's a bunch of kids at Trinity that live in 89 Chestnut, but they are still considered as official members of the college and are actively involved in various interesting events.
Was this helpful? Yes 0