yconic - Resubmitting OUAC marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Resubmitting OUAC marks?

A photo of Matthew Matthew
Hello,

I know that schools can resubmit OUAC marks after they are initially sent to OUAC, but are the resent marks counted, or are the only marks counted those sent at midterms?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Matthew Matthew
No one seems to know the answer to this :( I'm not even looking for definate answers, even rumours or hearsay would be nice :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C
Usually schools update once.. but if there is a problem for the student they can fix it for them easily. Teachers don't update marks after the midterms (for the midterm update).

EDIT: Your question is a bit confusing, but for acceptances your midterm marks are what universities will make their decision upon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218

@A23C wrote
but for acceptances your midterm marks are what universities will make their decision upon.

Plus the update in may?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of A23C A23C

@Sean1218 wrote

@A23C wrote
but for acceptances your midterm marks are what universities will make their decision upon.

Plus the update in may?

There's only one midterm update that happens around this time.. they only look at finals after this (After exams - Not used for admission purposes).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm assuming he means whether marks already updated onto OUAC (meaning 1st semester marks) can be resubmitted to OUAC. Like for example, there was an error, or got a mark bump in the final 1st semester marks and whether or not those marks will be counted if OUAC was notified.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218

@Gemmadoyle wrote
I'm assuming he means whether marks already updated onto OUAC (meaning 1st semester marks) can be resubmitted to OUAC. Like for example, there was an error, or got a mark bump in the final 1st semester marks and whether or not those marks will be counted if OUAC was notified.

I meant another mark update, like the one in April, but I was mistaken for Ontario schools when I wrote that. However, for McGill, their site says that May 15th is the deadline for updated marks, while it's April 10th for interim marks. I'm not sure the difference between those two, and they give no impression that the May date is just when the university actually needs to receive the marks. Although, what you mentioned could be it.

Though that also doesn't explain the dates. For example, the April 10th deadline was non-existent. There was no notification nor requirement for them to get marks by April 10th. Instead my school updated my marks on OUAC sometime around the 20th, and McGill confirmed that they've received those marks on the 20th. Also, I don't even see a deadline for final grades (after exams).
Was this helpful? Yes 0