yconic - re-taking a course twice?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

re-taking a course twice?

A photo of SaugasFinest SaugasFinest
Alright, so I'm not necessarily a genius and I've been a slacker for the past couple of years. I failed a course twice,I've been put in a grade 10 applied class. I failed with a 45, for summer school you must get above a 40 in order to go for the two week credit course. I was wondering.. Do I have to go for a full month or for two weeks. I'm gonna ask my councilor tmrw but I just wanted to see if anyone knows.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of AZK AZK
Since you had over 40%, I am pretty sure you only need the 2 week course.

...I have a question, why did you not ask/beg your teacher to pass you? I am sure most teachers would of passed you since you are so close to passing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych

@AZK wrote

...I have a question, why did you not ask/beg your teacher to pass you? I am sure most teachers would of passed you since you are so close to passing.

Well, your teachers are very kind, then. Most do not appreciate it when lazy students who put no effort in come scrambling at the end of the year.

If you're just going to do the bare minimum to get credit in summer school, I wouldn't even bother. What's the point? It's not going to really get you anywhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@AZK wrote

Yeah, honestly, I don't feel like I slacked off enough to fail. I slacked off enough to get a 55, but not a 45. I'm pretty sure of it. But, the issue is, I'm now in the applied course... That's why I'm wondering at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@VegaKrazmych wrote

@AZK wrote

Well, your teachers are very kind, then. Most do not appreciate it when lazy students who put no effort in come scrambling at the end of the year.

If you're just going to do the bare minimum to get credit in summer school, I wouldn't even bother. What's the point? It's not going to really get you anywhere.

You have a point there, I'd have to go either way... Because I did slack off. But I dunno know if I need to take the full make up credit course, or the two week course. They put me in the applied course (English), but I have to re-take the Academic English course. I'm doind really well in the applied course- its easy. I just didn't hand in my summative- that's why i failed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0