yconic - Retaking Advanced Functions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Retaking Advanced Functions

A photo of murmuration murmuration
I am currently taking Advanced Functions in day school, but am not going to receive the mark I want or universities will look at. My mark will roughly be around a low 60.

I have graduated high school and have come back for just one semester to fulfil my prerequisite courses (advanced functions being one of them, chemistry and biology being the other two) so taking advanced functions in day school next semester is out of the question because I won't be coming back. Instead I'm going to take it in night school.

My questions are:
How heavily will universities base their decision on my final advanced functions mark from semester 1 in relation to that of my retake from night school?

Since I'm taking it in night school and I'm no longer in day school will they know I am retaking it or do I have to manually make sure my marks get to them by going to the guidance office at my secondary school after receiving my marks?

I'm scared universities will just write me off after they see my low advanced functions mark from sem.1, instead of looking at my upgraded mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius
As far as I know (I have called Macmaster on this), most universities look at the highest mark whether it's from night school or day school or if even it's repaeted they don't care.

Now if you are applying for UFT or Waterloo( I think it's the computer or the engineering program) than you can be penalized.
If you are in doubt , just call the admission department of the university you are planning to attend.

Good Luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of murmuration murmuration

@aquarius wrote
As far as I know (I have called Macmaster on this), most universities look at the highest mark whether it's from night school or day school or if even it's repaeted they don't care.

Now if you are applying for UFT or Waterloo( I think it's the computer or the engineering program) than you can be penalized.
If you are in doubt , just call the admission department of the university you are planning to attend.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely contact them
Was this helpful? Yes 0