yconic - Retaking courses
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Retaking courses

A photo of caledunham caledunham
Ok so I applied to Laurier, McMaster, Brock and Guelph (all for business administration/commerce) and I was wondering if I retake English next semester, will they use my first semester mark when looking at my average or will they ignore it since it is going to be retaken?

first semester:

english - 55% (will probably finish in mid-high 60s but still retaking)
advanced functions - 70-73%
world issues - 85%
data management - 91%

second semester:

english
accounting
double spare but I'm on the waiting list for online business classes
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I don't know if the universities you listed are different, but UBC will take your higher mark out of your retakes, IIRC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
There's only 3 possibilites.. that I can think of.. but it varies depending on the university.

1. Some universities will take the higher of the two marks.
2. Other universities will take the two attempts and average them out.
and worst...
3. Some universities will only take your first attempt regardless of the number of attempts.

Look on the university of the particular website, it should say on it somewhere.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jordan23 Jordan23

@cyynthiia wrote
There's only 3 possibilites.. that I can think of.. but it varies depending on the university.

1. Some universities will take the higher of the two marks.
2. Other universities will take the two attempts and average them out.
and worst...
3. Some universities will only take your first attempt regardless of the number of attempts.

Look on the university of the particular website, it should say on it somewhere.

Do you know which universities, or specific programs, that will only take the first attempt?
Was this helpful? Yes 0