yconic - RICHARD IVEY ADMISSIONS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

RICHARD IVEY ADMISSIONS

A photo of baconxo baconxo
You are a competitive applicant and it depends on how you wwll sell your activities and yourself on your essays if you will get in or not.

Just to note though, apparently Ivey is limiting their applications to 3 activities/ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
You are a competitive applicant and it depends on how you wwll sell your activities and yourself on your essays if you will get in or not.

Just to note though, apparently Ivey is limiting their applications to 3 activities/ECs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
You will get AEO status.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of baconxo baconxo
Thanks so much for the reply guys! I have a few more questions for each of you though!

immaculatedx: I heard that too, which is quite unfortunate for me because I don't have three presedential or executive roles like other possible applicants. But, if you were to pick 3 of my ECs that stand out to you the most, which would you pick? And how is the city of Waterloo atmosphere for students? I actually work on the weekends in Waterloo, but I want to know what it's like for a student going to school there, as I'm choosing between Laurier and Western.

& onlymatthew: Do you recommend the BMOS program for an AEO student? I get a lot of people that say it's useless and others that say it's a good prep for Ivey, so I'm quite unsure.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew

@baconxo wrote

& onlymatthew: Do you recommend the BMOS program for an AEO student? I get a lot of people that say it's useless and others that say it's a good prep for Ivey, so I'm quite unsure.

Yes, I likely would. Although you'll see AEOs in virtually every discipline, the majority of them are in BMOS or Economics. I think BMOS is slightly easier because of the course requirements (you need to take more rigorous math courses for economics). A pro of doing economics is the possibility of getting a double degree in combination with an HBA, although I wouldn't personally recommend it (for the additional year of schooling, I don't think it'd be incredibly useful). But, from my experience, some of the more keen people are in economics as opposed to BMOS. There are a lot of people in BMOS, haha.

I'm satisfied with my education in BMOS thus far though. I know a lot of people (myself included in high school) waived off BMOS as an easy first two years, but if you compare it with a lot of other business undergraduate programs, it's similar. It's accredited (BMOS, not Ivey) by ICAO to become a CA and thus shares the same standard of course difficulty as some other accredited universities. Although BMOS may forever be in the shadow of Ivey at Western, it's still a completely adequate stepping stone for HBA and allows you to get adjusted to university.

I think some of the criticism that arises from BMOS comes from the flexibility of electives you can take. A lot of people are very concerned in keeping their 80 average. This results in a lot of people avoiding Business 1220 (which is the pre-Ivey business course that teaches finance and accounting first year), and instead opting to take a course like listening to music.

Was this helpful? Yes 0