yconic - Rolling Offers from Laurier
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rolling Offers from Laurier

A photo of Doorhandle Doorhandle
I recently switched my first choice at Laurier to honours economics. My top 3 grade 12 finals/top 3 grade 11 finals average to 83.67%. On Friday, my change went through on laurier's website which now makes economics my first choice. Is it realistic to expect an offer to honours economics BEFORE the midterm marks get reported to OUAC? Cause that would be just awesome.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Why didn't you just leave it? If you didn't get an offer to BBA you would have gotten an offer to Honours Economics.

But yes, I would expect you get an offer some time this week. I'd be checking everyday.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote
Why didn't you just leave it? If you didn't get an offer to BBA you would have gotten an offer to Honours Economics.

But yes, I would expect you get an offer some time this week. I'd be checking everyday.

Nice :D Thanks for the response. I changed my first choice for a couple reasons. First of all, I know that Laurier does not look at the ABS form for alternate offers, and I wasnt sure if they took a look at any extenuating circumstances for them either. Because of that, I wanted to be absolutely sure that I got into economics at least, and I was pretty sure that I would not get in to BBA (which I dont really care about, I am super happy with getting an economics degree with the option of getting a CA designation after), and I didnt know 100% if I would end up with the 82 or 83 average I needed at midterm to get the alternate offer. Basically it's for peace of mind, also itll be fun to tell people at school that I got into Laurier and have them immediately assume Im talking about BBA, and then shocking them by saying I put economics as my first choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just curious though, has anyone on here already been accepted to honours econ? Im just trying to figure out what average would be necessary to get offered before midterms. I know some people from BBA have already been accepted with averages that are right on the cutoff, so Im guessing itll be the same for econ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Doorhandle wrote
Just curious though, has anyone on here already been accepted to honours econ? Im just trying to figure out what average would be necessary to get offered before midterms. I know some people from BBA have already been accepted with averages that are right on the cutoff, so Im guessing itll be the same for econ?

Yes, probably 83
Was this helpful? Yes 0