yconic - Rotman Admission Requirement Question!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Admission Requirement Question!

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
So I have been hearing a lot of questions being asked about Rotman's admission.
And it was like the prerequisite courses would have to be 85+, so I was wondering, does Rotman take Private school credits on those prerequisite courses seriously, would it be penalized?

My friends who have taken (esay marks, as we know) private school English and Calculus courses generally got high 80 marks, like 87+. And they are applying for Rotman Commerce, if they are not being penalized, then wouldn't that leave students who have taken courses from day school not as competitive, since we earned it fair and square, but they still beat us in terms of % marks?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
there's no penalty for taking courses at private schools, u of T treats private, summer, day school courses the same..

for your second part, i find it easier to get higher marks in day school (mid to high 90s), just my personal opinion..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555

@DeanVermillion wrote
So I have been hearing a lot of questions being asked about Rotman's admission.
And it was like the prerequisite courses would have to be 85+, so I was wondering, does Rotman take Private school credits on those prerequisite courses seriously, would it be penalized?

My friends who have taken (esay marks, as we know) private school English and Calculus courses generally got high 80 marks, like 87+. And they are applying for Rotman Commerce, if they are not being penalized, then wouldn't that leave students who have taken courses from day school not as competitive, since we earned it fair and square, but they still beat us in terms of % marks?

yes it is unfair to those who took it during day school as some private schools are a complete joke. But remember rotman cuts almost half of its first year students by second year so those that went to joke schools and got those english and calc marks, and cant outperform those with day school marks in uni, they will probably get their first year tuition money jacked UofT style and probably get cut by second year and forced to transfer as there is a level of competition even once you're in rotman just to stay in the program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0