yconic - ROTMAN COMMERCE / UTM COMMERCE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ROTMAN COMMERCE / UTM COMMERCE

A photo of KingJW KingJW
What is the cut off of both programs?

Rotman:What is a safe mark into program, given your Rotman PSE was good.
UTM Commerce: What is a safe mark into the program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@KingJW wrote

you can definitely get answers from U of T's website, anyways..

Rotman requires high 80s whereas UTM asks for mid 80s.
Aim for 92+ overall for rotman and ENG4U and MCV4U all above 85, for UTM if you can have high 80s, then i think ur golden, UTM is only mark based.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@Joshki wrote

@KingJW wrote

you can definitely get answers from U of T's website, anyways..

Rotman requires high 80s whereas UTM asks for mid 80s.
Aim for 92+ overall for rotman and ENG4U and MCV4U all above 85, for UTM if you can have high 80s, then i think ur golden, UTM is only mark based.

Hey Joshki,
where did you get this information tho... the official requirement did not state anything about the min. average for prerequisite courses.
Also, I think that you can answer this concern of mine, so if you made like a few grammar and spelling error on your PSE, would that affect you, to what extend? and what are they looking for the early admission decisions being made?
Thank you Joshki
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@DeanVermillion wrote

Hey Joshki,
where did you get this information tho... the official requirement did not state anything about the min. average for prerequisite courses.
Also, I think that you can answer this concern of mine, so if you made like a few grammar and spelling error on your PSE, would that affect you, to what extend? and what are they looking for the early admission decisions being made?
Thank you Joshki

It's true that Uof T website does not state this clearlly thuse making it very hard for applicats to dertermine whether they fullfil the requirements or not. Think this way, if they stated clearly that ENG4U and MCV4U has to be 85+, tons of ppl wouldnt even apply right?
Anyways, I got those stats from previous years, cuz Rotman usually selects applicants with 90+ and I havent heard anyone with prequisite below 85 being accepted(someone correct me on this) since Rotman stated that particular attention is paid to the prerequisites.
A few mistakes couldnt affect your overall chance of being accepted since its the first year Rotman uses the time limit thing. Early acceptance is particular for those who have far exceeding their admission requirements (average 95+ and prerequisite 90+ i believe).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
As long as you didnt apply to a super competitive college like trinity, you would be pretty safe for rotman with a high 80s like 87 as long as your english and calc marks are solid (based on people who got in last year)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@Jack555 wrote
As long as you didnt apply to a super competitive college like trinity, you would be pretty safe for rotman with a high 80s like 87 as long as your english and calc marks are solid (based on people who got in last year)

Jack, you have confused me so much.
NOW I AM WORRIED! PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!!!OTHERWISE I CANNOT SLEEP PEACEFULLY TONIGHT!

What does the college you applied have ANYTHING to do with your admission to Rotman Commerce?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I phoned Trinity College and found out that each of them makes its independent decision, which means even you did not get admitted to Trinity, you will be admitted to whatever the second college of your choice is.
And IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE ADMISSION OFFICE TO ADMIT YOU AT THE SAME TIME, TRINITY DOES NOT HAVE APPLICATION TO YOUR MARKS, IF ANY, THEY ONLY LOOK AT YOUR ECS!

SO WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of erudite erudite

@DeanVermillion wrote

@Jack555 wrote

Jack, you have confused me so much.
NOW I AM WORRIED! PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!!!OTHERWISE I CANNOT SLEEP PEACEFULLY TONIGHT!

What does the college you applied have ANYTHING to do with your admission to Rotman Commerce?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I phoned Trinity College and found out that each of them makes its independent decision, which means even you did not get admitted to Trinity, you will be admitted to whatever the second college of your choice is.
And IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE ADMISSION OFFICE TO ADMIT YOU AT THE SAME TIME, TRINITY DOES NOT HAVE APPLICATION TO YOUR MARKS, IF ANY, THEY ONLY LOOK AT YOUR ECS!

SO WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa, calm down.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TMLeafs TMLeafs
Is UTSC's co-op management acceptance averages similar to Rotman? If not, how much worse are they?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
holy crap

From UofT FAQ Trinity website:

http://www.trinity.utoronto.ca/Prospective_Students/admissions_pros.htm

Is it true that Trinity is the most difficult college to get into, and if so, should I even bother to apply? What are the cut-offs?

Although Trinity's admission averages tend to be higher than those of the other colleges, we do not have "cut-off" marks. We look at students' overall records, how well they have performed........

So thats what i meant when i said trinity is harder.

Was this helpful? Yes 0