yconic - Rotman Commerce Accpetance?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce Accpetance?

A photo of chimpe2 chimpe2
Hey I was wondering what averages people got into Rotman with this year so far? Also, in the 6 marks they use to calculate avg, is calc part of it or is it top 6?

I'm getting really worried because I had an 89% avg last semester and my midterm this semester is going to be about 84% :S These were my marks:
1st Semester:
-Advanced Functions: 92%
-Challenge and Change in Society: 91%
-Drama: 84%

Now:
-Economics: 91%
-English: 80%
-Drama(not a retake, its a separate course): 80%
-Calculus and Vectors: 75%

I really really hope I still have a chance at Rotman cuz its my top choice right now...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of Rela Rela
Unfortunately, I believe you need to get above an 80 or 85(not sure which) in calculus and English in order to get into Rotman.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DanClark DanClark
For Rotman, your average must be in the mid-eighties to be competitive.

I got accepted with a 94% average. On the pre-requisite courses, I got: Calculus (93%) and English (100%)

Hope this helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela

@DanClark wrote

I got accepted with a 94% average. On the pre-requisite courses, I got: Calculus (93%) and English (100%)

Hope this helps!

100 in English..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Rela wrote
Unfortunately, I believe you need to get above an 80 or 85(not sure which) in calculus and English in order to get into Rotman.

yea I did more research around the site and I found some people said that but others said differently so i just wanted to make sure :/
anyways i'm still not gonna lose hope, i'll try my best and see what happens :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DanClark wrote

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help bud! Congrats and hopefully I may still get in too :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GainTheHedge GainTheHedge
From observation, Rotman's acceptance procedures are more skewed towards ECs than most unis. Yes mid 80s is the conventional norm that is assumed but many many low 90s students are actually rejected (maybe lack of ECs?). Similarly there are lots of borderline 80s that get into Rotman early for their awesome ECs. It is just their way of evaluation so you would actually have a more considerable chance than you think. But, your calc is only mid-70s which could take you out of contention. Not a great chance but still a chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion

@GainTheHedge wrote
From observation, Rotman's acceptance procedures are more skewed towards ECs than most unis. Yes mid 80s is the conventional norm that is assumed but many many low 90s students are actually rejected (maybe lack of ECs?). Similarly there are lots of borderline 80s that get into Rotman early for their awesome ECs. It is just their way of evaluation so you would actually have a more considerable chance than you think. But, your calc is only mid-70s which could take you out of contention. Not a great chance but still a chance.

since when did Rotman care about ECs lol, I'd say Rotman is pretty mark-based, last year's cut off is 86 with a few exceptions
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9

@GainTheHedge wrote

bullshit. my gf has a 88% but got rejected by rotman even without her submitting the essay in Feb.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@GainTheHedge wrote

I don't know who or what you observed, but Rotman could careless about ECs. If they did, they would ask applicants to actually write or list out their activities like QC, Ivey, or Schulich. All that's required is a 300 word essay, and I know people who have gotten in without even submitting their PSE.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GainTheHedge GainTheHedge
Considering that UT is a money drain, meaning that it takes in a bunch of students and weeds them out later on, I do get quite surprised at the rejections that Rotman dishes out. Many top-tier 90s get denied acceptance while mid 80s students gain entrance. If ECs don't explain that, then its either that essay or UT just has some mysterious way of selecting candidates.
I am curious as to how they can reject people before essay submissions..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JK94 JK94
do I have a good chance at rotman with a top six average between 88 and 89? All my marks are above 85, including English and calculus.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of diana1994 diana1994

I am not doing so well in calculus and vectors, I got 78 as a midterm mark.
Rotman commerce admission policy is mid-high 80s top 6 average, heavily focused on calc and english. I think I meet their criteria, as my top 6 is low 90s, but calculus is bringing my mark down.

Do I have a chance of being admitted to the program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted