yconic - Rotman Commerce -Course Selection
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce -Course Selection

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Has anyone tried scheduling their timetable yet?
What two electives are you taking,
i'm going for astronomy and probably the jane austen course

For the RSM course- how do you book the tutorial, its only offering 2 hours a week just for lectures :S

Is anyone living on rez and which college?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo
Res @ new college.

Im taking AST101 & 201 to satisfy the 5th category of Breadth Req. and probably a first-year seminar about "sorrows and joy of immigrants and the myth of america" as my second elective to fill the 1st category of BR. I just hope im lucky and get one of the earlier timeslots for choosing my courses.

As for RSM tut., im not sure. For MAT ill probably take 133 and hope for Tate as my prof, I hear she's easy. For ECO, Ive heard mixed opinions on a few profs teaching the course, but im hoping for Ingart as he supposedly reuses past test questions. Hope this helps, and good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PSPman06 PSPman06
Commuting @ New College

I have still yet to choose my courses and all that fun stuff!
I was wondering whats the best timetable and courses for a commuting commcerce student who wants to social but at the same time get good marks. I really want to be involved first year, but I am scared that the work loads will bring that down.

What are some easy/interesting electives that I should take? Something to help my GPA and also help me concentrate on other things like clubs, networking and other connections!

Thanks a lot guys!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

For MAT ill probably take 133 and hope for Tate as my prof, I hear she's easy. For ECO, Ive heard mixed opinions on a few profs teaching the course, but im hoping for Ingart as he supposedly reuses past test questions. Hope this helps, and good luck!

LOL!!
I was already planning to take Tate and Indart for the same reasons based off from what I read in the anti-calender.Something tells me those classes are going to be insanely packed!

What are some easy/interesting electives that I should take? Something to help my GPA and also help me concentrate on other things like clubs, networking and other connections!

Theres not a lot you can take first year. It's recommended that you take astronomy for that science credit and a first year seminar (for the credit and the experience)
A first year seminar course also helps to boost your GPA avg.

But i'm really confused about scheduling tutorials.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mh99 mh99
Typically, scheduling tutorials is done the same way as scheduling a lecture on ROSI (ex. L010, T010). I would assume if it's not in the calendar/timetable provided, you will schedule your tutorials in class. However, I am pretty sure you can schedule tutorials for RSM100 via ROSI.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mh99 mh99
http://www.artsandscience.utoronto.ca/ofr/timetable/winter/compg.html
Under the three available lecture times (L0101, L0201, L0501) there is the list of tutorials and their times. Good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0