yconic - Rotman Commerce grade?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce grade?

A photo of Vduong Vduong
Hey, pretty new to this forum anyways I my grades aren't really good now, but I was wondering if I get a 85% avg overall, would there be a chance to get into rotman commerce? Or has anybody with a 85 got into the program?

Current marks:
English-75
Biology-80
Adv functions:80
International Business-86

Currently taking:
Calculus-84
Challenge and change in society-94

Overall: 83.16%

Might be able to bump calculus mark to a 93 and challenge and change to a 97.

Feeling really down about this average, so bad, only university I can get into is either York or Ryerson. Also is Ryerson a good school for business? Thinking of going there if I don't get into UofT or I might go to ryerson for 1st year and then transfer to uoft is this a good idea? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of michellec16 michellec16

@Vduong wrote
Hey, pretty new to this forum anyways I my grades aren't really good now, but I was wondering if I get a 85% avg overall, would there be a chance to get into rotman commerce? Or has anybody with a 85 got into the program?

Current marks:
English-75
Biology-80

Currently taking:
Calculus-84

Feeling really down about this average, so bad, only university I can get into is either York or Ryerson. Also is Ryerson a good school for business? Thinking of going there if I don't get into UofT or I might go to ryerson for 1st year and then transfer to uoft is this a good idea? Thanks.

You'll need a high 80 to be competitive for the program. If you had excellent ecs and essays you may be able to get in with a 85. Your English mark should be higher too cause they place emphasis on that. Ryerson is a good school for business don't worry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VivekanJey VivekanJey
agreed with michellec however your potentiall strong (93) in calculus could help you .. but your other marks aren't sufficient enough I would say .. and your essays and ECs could probably help you out as well

Just thought I could ask a similar question on your thread too
What do you guys think my odds are?
have like:
91 in Adv. Functions
94 in accounting
83 in english
89 in calculus
92 in law
90 in data
and probably 89-92 (dunno yet) in economics

and pretty good ECs/essay although they only see my essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BChun BChun

@Vduong wrote

Current marks:
English-75
Biology-80

Currently taking:
Calculus-84

Are you limited to Universities in the GTA? If so I would suggest looking into going to U of T Mississauga for Commerce. I would see it as better than Ryerson and York.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dimethylamylamine dimethylamylamine

@Vduong wrote

Current marks:
English-75
Biology-80

Currently taking:
Calculus-84

Do a victory lap and get into Schulich/Ivey/Queen's/McGill. That's the best advice you'll get.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of diana1994 diana1994

I am not doing so well in calculus and vectors, I got 78 as a midterm mark.
Rotman commerce admission policy is mid-high 80s top 6 average, heavily focused on calc and english. I think I meet their criteria, as my top 6 is low 90s, but calculus is bringing my mark down.

Do I have a chance of being admitted to the program?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jason202 Jason202
sorry for the bad news... If your average is under 87%, chances are very low. Also Rotman's supplementary essay is not worth alot meaning it wouldn't boost your chances that much. The lowest average they accepted that i've seen so far is 86%.

Best advice like the post above, do a victory lap.

Schulich, Queens, Ivey has much better reputation and their programs are better.
However, they are much harder to get in to than U of T Rotman. U of T is a good school but when it comes to business, they are not the best in Canada. People only go to U of T because of the name and their overall ranking in the world.

U of T have the best graduate schools but for undergrad~ they are not that good in terms of the programs, classes, and achieving good GPA.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@VivekanJey wrote
agreed with michellec however your potentiall strong (93) in calculus could help you .. but your other marks aren't sufficient enough I would say .. and your essays and ECs could probably help you out as well

Just thought I could ask a similar question on your thread too
What do you guys think my odds are?
have like:
91 in Adv. Functions
94 in accounting
83 in english
89 in calculus
92 in law
90 in data
and probably 89-92 (dunno yet) in economics

and pretty good ECs/essay although they only see my essay.

83 in english ouch!
you should still get in to all or most of your programs.
gl
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@diana1994 wrote

I am not doing so well in calculus and vectors, I got 78 as a midterm mark.
Rotman commerce admission policy is mid-high 80s top 6 average, heavily focused on calc and english. I think I meet their criteria, as my top 6 is low 90s, but calculus is bringing my mark down.

Do I have a chance of being admitted to the program?

ask yo teacher to boost it by 2 percent
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NiksonISF NiksonISF
Hi, I am extremely concerned about my grades. I do not know if my marks are good enough for rotman commerce. Does anybody think I will get in to Rotman? The following are my top 6:

English: 87
International Business: 93
Business Management: 90
Data management: 92
Calculus: 92
Law: 87

My total average is 90.1666666. Please be honest with me. Thanks for your time and effort in responding. Have a great day.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of michellec16 michellec16

@NiksonISF wrote
Hi, I am extremely concerned about my grades. I do not know if my marks are good enough for rotman commerce. It is all because of my law mark. The teacher simply hates me even though I do all my work. But anyways, does anybody think I will get in to Rotman? The following are my top 6:

English: 87
International Business: 93
Business Management: 90
Data management: 92
Calculus: 92
Law: 83 :(

My total average is 89.5. Please be honest with me. Thanks for your time and effort in responding. Have a great day.

You should get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0