yconic - Rotman Commerce Personal Statement 2012 Topics?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce Personal Statement 2012 Topics?

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
Hey guys,

I am applying to Rotman this year.
There is a personal statement which each applicant has to complete.
So, what are the possible topics? Has anyone done it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of Ankit Ankit
did u get ur U of T Applicant Number yet? If so how long did it take u to receive it after u applied?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

:!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

What are the topics that you have seen/encountered so far?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jasonty9 jasonty9

@DeanVermillion wrote
Hey guys,

Rotman is timing applicants for their essays about leadership this year.
Any evil thoughts of getting the topic before you press the begin button is doomed to fail. :batman:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli

@jasonty9 wrote

@DeanVermillion wrote
Hey guys,

Any evil thoughts of getting the topic before you press the begin button is doomed to fail. :batman:

Are you supposed to complete it online, or give them the hard copy?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jasonty9 wrote

@DeanVermillion wrote
Hey guys,

LOL Dude, everybody gets a different question. I am not trying to get the questions, I just want to know what was it like, like a sample question. so I would be prepared for any kind of random questions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
I think they randomly pick one from ten questions. I mean it's pretty obvious questions about leadership, ECs are going to be on.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cliffhanger33 cliffhanger33
Make sure you do not do the personal statement on a mac. I didnt know this and wasted two attempts for no reason. I wrote completely diff. essays for the two diff. topics, wasted so much time and effort. So yeah, make sure to do it on a PC Windows computer.
The essays are all on EC, very generic questions, like highlight on your leadership, EC, etc. Main focus is on your EC's and achievements, that's what's important.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cliffhanger33 wrote
Make sure you do not do the personal statement on a mac. I didnt know this and wasted two attempts for no reason. I wrote completely diff. essays for the two diff. topics, wasted so much time and effort. So yeah, make sure to do it on a PC Windows computer.
The essays are all on EC, very generic questions, like highlight on your leadership, EC, etc. Main focus is on your EC's and achievements, that's what's important.

Thank you for replying! Please forgive my ignorance, but what is EC? I ve been hearing that word a lot recently!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince

@DeanVermillion wrote

@cliffhanger33 wrote

Thank you for replying! Please forgive my ignorance, but what is EC? I ve been hearing that word a lot recently!

EC - Extracurricular activities. Clubs that you have joined at school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adnankhan13 adnankhan13
Just did it. It's 60 minutes and they will give you randomly generate one essay question out of a pool of 10 questions. 3 attempts. Make sure you enable javascript. Question is pretty basic but time goes by fast. Don't bother with formatting, in the end they take out all the indents and spacing.

Good luck everyone, hopefully I'll be seeing a bunch of you guys next year wherever I end up going.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@adnankhan13 wrote
Just did it. It's 60 minutes and they will give you randomly generate one essay question out of a pool of 10 questions. 3 attempts. Make sure you enable javascript. Question is pretty basic but time goes by fast. Don't bother with formatting, in the end they take out all the indents and spacing.

Good luck everyone, hopefully I'll be seeing a bunch of you guys next year wherever I end up going.

What do you mean by 3 attempts? So you get to do it again if you feel that your first try was not perfect? Would that affect the admission decsions tho?
Was this helpful? Yes 0