yconic - Rotman Commerce questions... PLEASE HELP ME
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce questions... PLEASE HELP ME

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli
I just submitted the personal statement, and realized that I had four spelling mistakes on it. This is because I first wrote it on Word, but realized I couldn't copy and paste. I only had five minutes left, so I was freaking out and had to type really fast to submit. I submitted on time, but then I realized I had four spelling mistakes when I looked over the essay question.

I know that spelling and grammar do matter, but do they matter a lot? Will they affect my chances of getting in, even though my marks are above 90% and I had good points in my essay?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Augustus1 Augustus1
No one here works in the admissions office so you won't get a "golden" answer. Your PSE is already in and there's nothing you can do about it. Just forget about it now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RotmanCommerce12 RotmanCommerce12
Hey, I wouldn't stress it so much. I have applied to Rotman Commerce and made a couple of punctuation mistakes on the PSE as well. I have asked guidance counsellors and current Rotman Commerce students about the issue and they basically said that, as long as your grades are above or well-above the cut-off (90+), you will be fine. This is the first year they're adding the time component to their PSE and they know many students will make mistake due to the limited time. However, if mistakes were displayed very frequently, it may influence your acceptance. My average is a 91 and I'm hoping to get into Rotman Commerce like you :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cocoappleli cocoappleli

@RotmanCommerce12 wrote
Hey, I wouldn't stress it so much. I have applied to Rotman Commerce and made a couple of punctuation mistakes on the PSE as well. I have asked guidance counsellors and current Rotman Commerce students about the issue and they basically said that, as long as your grades are above or well-above the cut-off (90+), you will be fine. This is the first year they're adding the time component to their PSE and they know many students will make mistake due to the limited time. However, if mistakes were displayed very frequently, it may influence your acceptance. My average is a 91 and I'm hoping to get into Rotman Commerce like you :)

I only had four minor spelling mistakes, so I really hope I'll get in.
Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0