yconic - Rotman Commerce... Still waiting
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce... Still waiting

A photo of luke09 luke09
My average consist of the following:
96 Calc & Vectors
96 Advanced Functions
99 Data Management
95 Accounting
91 Religion
75 English- English is a ridiculously difficult subject in my school. No one has received over an 85...

My average is a 92. Received acceptance from Laurier BBA in December, Schulich, and I'm still waiting for Rotman. My friend with an 85 was accepted in the program, so I wonder if my english had messed me up here? Do I have any chance, since I heard all offers were made on May 19th.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

A photo of heyppl123 heyppl123
English definitely screwed u over, even waterloo had a minimum requirement for english (70 or 75), rotman weighs calculus and english most so ur 92 mite not get u in, im pretty sure acceptances r done now
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hairykangaroo hairykangaroo
You'll have a better chance getting an answer from the admissions office rather than inquiring on this forum. You can tell just by looking at the first page, 95% of posters are laurier prospects but anyways, back to your question:

Im not entirely sure, but ive heard RC doesnt accept students who have a mark lower than 80 in english or calc. Looks like your best bet will be laurier this fall, but dont worry i'm sure you'll be tempted tp go there sooner or later as a lot of genuine posters here will boast about how good laurier is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Sorry man you need 85 in english and calc to be considered for rotman
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of salazar salazar

@Jack555 wrote
Sorry man you need 85 in english and calc to be considered for rotman

not quite true, not sure if they weight them more but i was accepted with an 81 in english and a 90 in calc, 89 avg overall
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen
It's the English mark for sure, that messed you up. U of T doesn't know that English at your school is notoriously hard, so the 75 is taken at face value. Don't feel that bad though! You still have Schulich and Laurier. Pretty sure most of the acceptances, if not all of them, are given out already. It's already quite close to the deadline (May 28th).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ceeps ceeps
Has Rotman gotten harder to get into all of a sudden? 2 years ago their cut off was about 86...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ceeps wrote
Has Rotman gotten harder to get into all of a sudden? 2 years ago their cut off was about 86...

I think it's about the same, I got in with an 87... but I hear they're paying particular attention to your PSE this year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@hairykangaroo wrote

@ceeps wrote

I think it's about the same, I got in with an 87... but I hear they're paying particular attention to your PSE this year.

And they focus on your Calc and English (the prereqs)! So if you want to get in, don't screw them up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Rotman Commerce is getting smarter... they're not just accepting kids with 95 averages who can't speak English to save their lives. There's a whole wall of worried applicants with half decent english and 95 averages on the Rotman Commerce Facebook admissions page.

Not that I mean anyone here is like that. Just saying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Daruki35 wrote
Rotman Commerce is getting smarter... they're not just accepting kids with 95 averages who can't speak English to save their lives. There's a whole wall of worried applicants with half decent english and 95 averages on the Rotman Commerce Facebook admissions page.

Lol I noticed this too... perhaps there is a correlation between international students and the dropout rate? *shrug*
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plmokn9 plmokn9
does anyone know when they start sending out residence information?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@hairykangaroo wrote

@Daruki35 wrote

Lol I noticed this too... perhaps there is a correlation between international students and the dropout rate? *shrug*

I realize I'm crossing the line between normal ass and super ass, but I really don't want to have my International classmates speaking their own language to each other everyday; such is the case at my high school. I doubt this will happen but I'm hoping there will be minimal "hanging out with the same ethnicity" thing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plmokn9 wrote
does anyone know when they start sending out residence information?

The info is in your acceptance mail, which should arrive in about a week or two.
Was this helpful? Yes 0