yconic - Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce

A photo of Nobodygtyu Nobodygtyu
Two questions for anybody attending Rotman at U of T, or with knowledge of the program.

First, when a representative came to my high school for the university visits, I thought I remembered him saying that Rotman offers co-op. Now, through some research, I hear that they do not. Which is correct?

Secondly, I read on the Rotman page about a First Year Commerce program. This is different from Rotman Commerce (which I though I was applying to) how?

Thank you in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki

First, when a representative came to my high school for the university visits, I thought I remembered him saying that Rotman offers co-op. Now, through some research, I hear that they do not. Which is correct?

No coop for rotman. If u want coop, apply to UTSC.

Secondly, I read on the Rotman page about a First Year Commerce program. This is different from Rotman Commerce (which I though I was applying to) how?

Dunno what u mean..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 23jean 23jean

The First Year Commerce program isn't different from Rotman's Commerce. The Rotman page was probably for the MBA program as well, that's why it specified. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of v70 v70
I believe you can get accepted into Rotman Commerce with and without a "guarantee". If you get the guarantee, you're in for 2nd year. If not, you have to compete for a limited number of spaces.

Found this in the 2011/2012 Calendar

"Enrolment in Rotman Commerce programs is limited. Formal program enrolment takes place before entry into second year. The majority of spaces each year will be reserved for students admitted to First Year Commerce with a guaranteed place in their offer of admission. A limited number of places may be available for other Arts & Science students not admitted to First Year Commerce with the guarantee"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Nobodygtyu Nobodygtyu
@v70 so what you are saying is, while you are in Rotman Commerce, first year students are technically in "First Year Commerce", and if they do not get the minimum marks required, their spots could be filled by Arts students? In that case, it all makes sense.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 23jean 23jean
What are the requirements to receive a guarantee?
And say you don't get a guarantee, how many limited spots in second year are there?
Was this helpful? Yes 0