yconic - Rotman Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Commerce

A photo of Brandon0106 Brandon0106
I am eagerly waiting for Rotman Commerce to send out their acceptances. Can anyone answer these questions? How many students does Rotman accept? What is the dropout rate? What are my chances with an 88 at mid term? Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of Serendipity Serendipity
1. Rotman accepts 2569 students (as of CUDO data 2010) - http://cudo.utoronto.ca/2010/index.php
2. Dropout rate is around 40% first year from what I've heard.
3. They admit usually around 88-89% so I'd say you have a decent chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of axiom2true axiom2true

@Serendipity wrote
1. Rotman accepts 2569 students (as of CUDO data 2010) - http://cudo.utoronto.ca/2010/index.php
2. Dropout rate is around 40% first year from what I've heard.
3. They admit usually around 88-89% so I'd say you have a decent chance.

Hmm.

Rotman accepts probably ~700. That figure is for all four years of the program.

Brandon how did you get into Cornell with an 88%? And if you have amazing supporting applications, etc. how have you not been offered admission to UofT yet? Just curious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Interested as well.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Serendipity wrote
^ Interested as well.

I'd love to hear the story.

My grades are much higher, and I didn't even apply to the states for undergrad. A good friend of mine with high 90s, a brilliant guy, got rejected by all the Ivies already. He also got about 2300 on the SATs.

@Serendipity: what were your stats to get into Cornell and NYU but also be waiting for UofT? I got into UofT Commerce a couple months ago, I think you should be in! :tongue:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
I got accepted early as well as 2 other friends from my school. I don't think it will be too hard to get in at May since the cutoff is only in the high 80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
Rotman only has two rounds of offers and you have to wait until May if you did't submit your personal profile before Jan 25th. I'm guessing that's why they haven't been accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@axiom2true wrote

@Serendipity wrote
^ Interested as well.

My grades are much higher, and I didn't even apply to the states for undergrad. A good friend of mine with high 90s, a brilliant guy, got rejected by all the Ivies already. He also got about 2300 on the SATs.

@Serendipity: what were your stats to get into Cornell and NYU but also be waiting for UofT? I got into UofT Commerce a couple months ago, I think you should be in! :tongue:

Stern isn't that very hard to get into, Cornell Engineering also isn't very hard - >10% acceptance rate.

I handed my Rotman profile in mid-February :tongue: So that may be the reason I haven't heard from them.

Your friend must have really screwed up his Common App essays then...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chinaman25 chinaman25
I've been waiting for quite a bit now....
I submitted my statement on January 25, roughly a 93 avg and my essay was decent.
Already got offers from Ivey and Queen's Commerce...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Serendipity wrote

@axiom2true wrote

@Serendipity wrote
^ Interested as well.

Stern isn't that very hard to get into, Cornell Engineering also isn't very hard - >10% acceptance rate.

I handed my Rotman profile in mid-February :tongue: So that may be the reason I haven't heard from them.

Interesting. Yeah I don't know about his writing ability too well, but still. He applied to Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Wharton, Columbia and got rejected by all.

Cornell is still an Ivy league school, I guess it's not that hard to get into then. I'm surprised. Maybe Ivy league schools are overrated - that's a thought.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@axiom2true wrote

@Serendipity wrote

@axiom2true wrote

@Serendipity wrote
^ Interested as well.

Interesting. Yeah I don't know about his writing ability too well, but still. He applied to Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Wharton, Columbia and got rejected by all.

Cornell is still an Ivy league school, I guess it's not that hard to get into then. I'm surprised. Maybe Ivy league schools are overrated - that's a thought.

HYPSW are generally the top tier Ivies, they're much more difficult than Cornell/Brown etc. So if it isn't HYPSW, then it's most definitely overrated.

It also depends on what you're applying to, I have a classmate that got into Caltech Electrical Engineering with a 2050 SAT, and another who got rejected from MIT Financial Modelling with a 2380.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CityBoy CityBoy
HYPSW?

Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Wharton?

LOL Wharton is a business program.. and Stanford is not an Ivy league

That's why I like Stanford, no dumb rich kids being enrolled in unlike HPY and the other Ivys. So yes I agree.. Ivys are a little overrated.

Nevertheless Serendipity, congrats on your acceptances :)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CityBoy CityBoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJulUe5XLI

^ Take a look for yourself how stupid some of em are, I would've guessed they went community college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of GoBarca GoBarca

@CityBoy wrote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJulUe5XLI

^ Take a look for yourself how stupid some of em are, I would've guessed they went community college.

well u cant expect EVERYONE there to be smart lol and some of the programs in harvard arent THAT hard to get in actually ..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wade3 Wade3
Do you guys know if the reference you provided will see the essay you wrote? I'm not saying I'm going to make stuff up, but I am just curious.
Was this helpful? Yes 0