yconic - Rotman Personal Profile Help!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman Personal Profile Help!!

A photo of leaves02 leaves02
Have any of you started Rotman Personal Profile yet???
ok,,,, the essay has to be within 400 words... I'm choosing to answer "What extracurricular skills and experience will you bring to Rotman Commerce?".. but I have no idea how to incorporate the ECs i have within only 400 words....
any tips on writing the personal profile? what is the best way to organize your answer?
should i include as many ECs as possible, or should i talk more about what i learnt from each of them with less ECs?

thanks very much!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of jimmychuckk jimmychuckk
hi buddy~~i think you should go to amazon to find some books~ some of them are great~just a workshop for you to write the application essay~like ''50 successful business school adm essays''
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Only incorporate the best ones if you have many. Being concise is a writing skill business schools would like to see.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of roadno13 roadno13
when are they due?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jimmychuckk jimmychuckk

@roadno13 wrote
when are they due?

better before jan 25th, if you want early admission or scholarship.april 1st is the final deadline.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
Have not got mine yet. I applied December 22nd...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thank you for all the replies:compress:
Do you know what will happen if I exceed the word limit?
Will the system allow me to type after it is 400 words?
Is it going to reduce my chance of getting in?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@leaves02 wrote

I'm assuming it will not let you type past 400, as that is the easiest way for them to count really. But if it lets you go over, I would presume that they can figure it out somehow so going over would reduce your chance as it shows that you cannot follow basic instructions.

You applied to a lot of places.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

@leaves02 wrote

I'm assuming it will not let you type past 400, as that is the easiest way for them to count really. But if it lets you go over, I would presume that they can figure it out somehow so going over would reduce your chance as it shows that you cannot follow basic instructions.

You applied to a lot of places.

haha I did, not sure what I want to do and where I want to go...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of businessgleek businessgleek
I would try & get to the point of as many activities as you can.
Just list each one & explain it in one or two sentences.
If you go over the word limit, it will not submit your application & make you go back & change it.
Hope this helps :compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith
Is there a due date for the supplementary/personal statement in order to get a scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
what do they mean by scholarship? what kind of scholarship? All of the scholars offered by UT? or just entrance scholar?

btw the due date for them would be Jan 25 for scholarships, and April 1 for all applicants in ON.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JoeSmith JoeSmith

@s2saki wrote
what do they mean by scholarship? what kind of scholarship? All of the scholars offered by UT? or just entrance scholar?

btw the due date for them would be Jan 25 for scholarships, and April 1 for all applicants in ON.

If i complete my personal statement after january 25, will i be able to get a entrance scholarship? Is the due date for every scholarship excluding entrance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@JoeSmith wrote

@s2saki wrote

If i complete my personal statement after january 25, will i be able to get a entrance scholarship? Is the due date for every scholarship excluding entrance?

I have the same question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of asian123 asian123
the site isnt allowing me to enter the application.
its only showing me a preview.
does anyone else have this problem, also, what is the exact link for the profile.

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321
yeaaa how do i save my work ?! it only shows me preview ones?
awfully confused.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Business1234 Business1234
how are u guys writing urs... are u using first person or telling a story
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of roadno13 roadno13
for the question about contributing to community... does the question mean "what have you contributed to the community thus far" or "how can you contribute to the community" ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DKDG DKDG
You have to pay first, than you'll be directed to a screen identical to the preview where u submit ur essay
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted