yconic - Rotman PSE! Desperately need to know some information
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rotman PSE! Desperately need to know some information

A photo of Natmok Natmok
Hello I got this question and it says give AN example
Would it be bad if I stated more than one example? The reason I ask is because I wrote in the contact information for one of my ecs however I want to use a different ec in answering the question....
Will they penalize me if I provide more than one example?
When it asks for the contact information, it asked for a reference to verify for one of the ecs mentioned in the essay.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki
an example means just one, you dont want to give U of T an impression that you dont even know how to read..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Natmok Natmok
Thank you
When will acceptances be sent out for early consideration?
Another question I have is if I am not accepted during early consideration, does that mean I will not be accepted even at a later date? Or will there be conditional offers sent out?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne
Does it actually state to give an example for every type of question in the guideline? Because my question made no reference whatsoever to a single example. I used three-four examples, but all relevant to my question.

Also, do the admission actually take into consideration the amount of time you spent into doing it. I had 22minute left, when i click to certify (already filled queens pse, sauder supp, scarborough SAF... so it was real easy. I did it in short amount of time not because i cheated but because i was prepared to answer it, after doing so many other ec from other uni.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@JonathanEtienne wrote
Does it actually state to give an example for every type of question in the guideline? Because my question made no reference whatsoever to a single example. I used three-four examples, but all relevant to my question.

Also, do the admission actually take into consideration the amount of time you spent into doing it. I had 22minute left, when i click to certify (already filled queens pse, sauder supp, scarborough SAF... so it was real easy. I did it in short amount of time not because i cheated but because i was prepared to answer it, after doing so many other ec from other uni.

are you sure there was a time limit for scarborough saf? i filled it out too and did not come across any time limits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@Natmok wrote
Thank you
Another question I have is if I am not accepted during early consideration, does that mean I will not be accepted even at a later date? Or will there be conditional offers sent out?

Rotman's conditional offers goes out in late february, but only a few people would get it, its for applicants far exceeding the averages required and submitted the PSE before Jan 27 or 31 ( i dont remember)

If you didnt get in in late feb, they'll consider you again by the end of May
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@bcd92 wrote

@JonathanEtienne wrote

are you sure there was a time limit for scarborough saf? i filled it out too and did not come across any time limits.

I dont know about scarborough's saf, but Rotmans PSE has a time limit of 1 hour.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne
Scar has no time limit. However, I am concerned that because I completed my rotman "PSE"in around 40 minutes, instead of 60, they may think that i hired a tutor which i did not.

As for the main question of this topic, i gave a lot of examples of my involvement but my question did not state to give only 1 example. Maybe i misread the guidelines.

And joski, i think you live in vancouver. Sauder is #1 option, how come you're not going their? Salary wise, queens is very similar.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@JonathanEtienne wrote
Scar has no time limit. However, I am concerned that because I completed my rotman "PSE"in around 40 minutes, instead of 60, they may think that i hired a tutor which i did not.

As for the main question of this topic, i gave a lot of examples of my involvement but my question did not state to give only 1 example. Maybe i misread the guidelines.

And joski, i think you live in vancouver. Sauder is #1 option, how come you're not going their? Salary wise, queens is very similar.

man, i live in ontario and want to go to sauder desperately (look at all my courses in my siggy).. i dont know from where you got this indicator that im from vancouver.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Natmok Natmok

@Joshki wrote

@Natmok wrote
Thank you

Rotman's conditional offers goes out in late february, but only a few people would get it, its for applicants far exceeding the averages required and submitted the PSE before Jan 27 or 31 ( i dont remember)

If you didnt get in in late feb, they'll consider you again by the end of May

Thank you (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bcd92 bcd92

@JonathanEtienne wrote

pshhh! 40 minutes with a tutor...so unlikely. I did it in 30 minutes and honestly i just used the stuff i wrote from my previous application. it was a fun experience with the time ticking away. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0