yconic - Rowing, anyone?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Rowing, anyone?

A photo of emlang emlang
So I'm a rower.
Not the best, but not the worst.
I train 3 times a week. Winter we erg, docks go down in april/may.

I want to continue rowing but I'm not sure if it's going to be wayy too intense for me in uni.

If I were to stop rowing, what other sports would you recommend?

Note, i only row and swim. yeah, tons of variety there. I know. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Zion Zion
Ever since I saw The Social Network I've wanted to row. :bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
Hey, sounds very similar to me. I row, have for four years, not great at it but I do it because I love it. I row year round though, tis the benefit of BC weather:P If I were you I would check out schools that have rowing as a club sport instead of a varsity one, that's what I'm hoping to find.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Absolut Absolut

@Zion wrote
Ever since I saw The Social Network I've wanted to row. :bball:

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arvid Arvid
You should know wether or not you want to row, if you want to row in university you should be ready for training 6 times a week usualy at 5 in the morning. Rowing will not be hard in university if you are dedicated and want to be there you will make it work. If you have no drive to wake up that early don't row at uni and if you do decide not to row I would reccomend XC u'd be surprised how good u'll be after rowing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blake414 blake414
I dont like rowing
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tashaajones tashaajones
My advice (it's not very good though =P) is to do it more as a hobby to de-stress from studying/exams/assignments rather than as a daily thing. You can still enjoy the pleasures of rowing (or swimming if you so choose) and benefit from it by taking a break now and then! (I hear that exercise in between studying helps to boost your focus.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tgorbahn1991 tgorbahn1991
Not a big fan of rowing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Porsche4 Porsche4
bowling
Was this helpful? Yes 0