yconic - Royal Military College of Canada- Do I have what it takes?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Royal Military College of Canada- Do I have what it takes?

A photo of raccoonmoon raccoonmoon
Hi. I am currently in Grade 10 and I want to apply for Engineering at the Royal Military College of Canada. These are my courses for this semester and how I am doing in them.

Grade 10

Planning: 94%
Science: 82%
French: 86%
PE: 80%
Band: 90%
English: 88%
Socials: 89%
Math: 76%

Last year in Grade 9, I had an average of 82%. I was also in the school Leadership class, in which I got a final mark of 100%. What kind of grades will be good enough for the RMC? How much should I raise my average?

Currently, I am lacking volunteer hours, community work, and employment experience. How much of each do I need?

In Grade 11, I will be taking Physics 11, Chemistry 11, French 11, English 11, Pre-Calculus Mathematics 11, Social Studies 11, and Band 11. For Grade 12, my courses will be: English 12, Principles of Math 12, Calculus 12, French 12, Chemistry 12, Physics 12, History 12, and Comparative Civilization 12.

Also, I am enrolled in army cadets. I am currently training in silver star at the rank of Corporal, soon to be Master Corporal. I am a very committed member of cadets. My fitness level is gold excellence. Plus, I am in the Cross-Country team at school. I play bagpipes in the cadet pipe band. I am also in the Drill Team. At the rate I am going, I will be out of cadets as a warrant officer.

What are my chances of getting into the Royal Military College of Canada? Any other recommendations? They would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of LRooke LRooke
You're joining the military? I'm joining a military too! Do it!

My thick Maclean's book tells me that a potential applicant for the Engineering streams needs an 85.7% average, plus 'officer characteristics', whatever than means.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Current Canadian military member here. Fire your questions away!

Your marks are fine. "Officer characteristics" mean things like oraganization, leadership, exceptional attention to detail, ability to plan and disseminate orders, etc. You'd be a leader in the military as an officer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
You look like you're on track for RMC, good luck! I considered going there but don't think the military is for me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0