yconic - Royal Visit
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Royal Visit

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Anyone want to meet the royals? Soooo excited!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
75 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
I WISH. I'm in Toronto when they're in Calgary. My rugby team is even going to Calgary then for a tournament...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
And what specific reasons do you have for not bowing down to our royalty?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of tjozef tjozef

@ARMY101 wrote
And what specific reasons do you have for not bowing down to our royalty?

i don't bow down to the inbred, arrogant descendants of lecherous petty lords
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK
I have no idea but I'm guessing this is the newly weds? Don't tell me people actually give 2 sh*ts about them in Canada?? I thought it was just people in the UK who were insane with royal celeb fever :/

Kate's hot; that's about the only possible reason I can think of to bother taking a look if you are unfortunate enough to run into the useless pair.

but out of interest why are any of you interested to see/meet them?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@OscarUK wrote
I have no idea but I'm guessing this is the newly weds? Don't tell me people actually give 2 sh*ts about them in Canada?? I thought it was just people in the UK who were insane with royal celeb fever :/

Kate's hot; that's about the only possible reason I can think of to bother taking a look if you are unfortunate enough to run into the useless pair.

Because they're royalty, and it would be an absolute honour and privilege to be in their presence.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Because they're celebrities, same as any other. I think their story is so cute and lots of people fantasize about royalty (meeting a prince, becoming a princess, etc.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote

@OscarUK wrote

Because they're royalty, and it would be an absolute honour and privilege to be in their presence.

Wow I kinda feel sorry for you... Genuinely how can some random posh girl (admittedly a hot one) and a guy who has done nothing more than be born into "royalty" evoke that reaction in anyone??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
Because they're celebrities, same as any other. I think their story is so cute and lots of people fantasize about royalty (meeting a prince, becoming a princess, etc.)

aka lots of people are deluded romantics who havent grown out of fairytales? I get the whole celeb thing if that's what you're in to, but the idea that they should hold some intrinsic importance or value just aggravates me. They met at uni and got married, like vast numbers of people worldwide, what makes them different or special?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ I think that IS what makes them special. They're royalty, yet their story is so normal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah at least they've given up marrying their cousins... for now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
I wish people would stop caring about this nonsense. Every dollar that goes to institutions simply because they're revered or old is too much and could be spent on much better things.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Quiz Quiz

@StudentAtStPats wrote
Anyone want to meet the royals? Soooo excited!

Who cares?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@ktel wrote
^ I think that IS what makes them special. They're royalty, yet their story is so normal.

Haha. "Normal" in the sense that they met in university and got married. That's about where the normality ends.

@OscarUK: you have to understand the media hype that the royal wedding received in both Canada and the US. It was ridiculous. Most people didn't care about the royal wedding at all until it became the most talked-about thing by news media.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
^ I know. I love how they keep claiming that Kate is "middle class" when her parents are millionaires...yeah right.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

@ktel wrote

Haha. "Normal" in the sense that they met in university and got married. That's about where the normality ends.

@OscarUK: you have to understand the media hype that the royal wedding received in both Canada and the US. It was ridiculous. Most people didn't care about the royal wedding at all until it became the most talked-about thing by news media.

Eugh I feel sorry for you guys then, it was bad enough here...

long live the true king! http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/aussie-mike-the-true-king-of-england/2005/09/10/1125772732666.html :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
I just wanna shake hands with them... :(.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
^ I know. I love how they keep claiming that Kate is "middle class" when her parents are millionaires...yeah right.

It was never that she was "middle class" - it was that she wasn't royalty. Keep in mind that royalty marrying "non-royalty" was a huge issue.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
They were watching Wimbledon yesterday, cheering on Andy Murray. Thought that was cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

People have said it before: who cares?

How are they of any benefit? They're just a public image.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@OscarUK wrote

This. I don't give a flying f*ck. "Royalty" just means your great great grandfather overthrew (murdered) some ruler who murdered the previous ruler ad infinitum. It would not be an honor to meet someone who did nothing to deserve their title.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
As I said, I too think it's all just silly, but I do feel a tinge of pity for the Royals. They are stuck in the tradition. It would take quite a lot of courage to turn your back against it having been raised in it from birth. We are not as rich, but at least we get to have some choice in how our life turns out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

At least you guys aren't paying for them as well :P What really gets me is that the crown/royal family is one of the largest (perhaps the largest?) landowners in the country (including the entire seabed up to 12 miles of the coast of the UK), and yet we still pay taxes to these people!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jun/28/prince-charles-income-taxpayers-rises British citizens are paying for this guy to be flown around the world and embarrass our country haha

Was this helpful? Yes 0

You people are disgusting. You have no allegiance to your country, its leaders, or its heritage. Disgusting. No wonder voter turnout is declining and apathy is rising.
Was this helpful? Yes 0