yconic - Ryerson Accounting and Finance Program
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Accounting and Finance Program

A photo of apple123 apple123
[size=6]Anyone have any information regarding the new accounting and finance program @ ryerson? Perhaps what courses you have to take 1st year or cut off?

Does anyone think the following will get me in?

Math: Advance Functions 81
Eng 90
Acc 90
HHS 90
BBB 90
History 90

Average: 88.5%

My extracurriculars are very good. DUKE Gold Silver Bronze, Volunteer @ Hospital, Mosque, Berevement, Library. School soccer team manager/organizer, DECA... Work experience: Store Salesman, Warhouse worker, Admin etc...

The new program recommends AF & Calc so should I take Calc? What courses does the new program have in it? Does it have Calc?

Will I get in??[/size]
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hullo, you will get in no doubt! Accounting and Finance is/was part of business management and now they decided to make its own program for 2012. There's a list of courses here:
http://ce-online.ryerson.ca/ce/calendar/default.aspx?section=program&sub=cert&cert=ACCFIN00&mode=program

Not sure if it will be the same for next year

I don't think Calc will be part of the program for 2012 but it will be part of pre req for 2013 admission

And yes, no doubt you will get in!

Btw, why don't you apply Rotman, you have good avg! If you are taking calc, might as well apply other schools beside ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Oxidize wrote
Hullo, you will get in no doubt! Accounting and Finance is/was part of business management and now they decided to make its own program for 2012. There's a list of courses here:
http://ce-online.ryerson.ca/ce/calendar/default.aspx?section=program&sub=cert&cert=ACCFIN00&mode=program

Not sure if it will be the same for next year

I don't think Calc will be part of the program for 2012 but it will be part of pre req for 2013 admission

And yes, no doubt you will get in!

Btw, why don't you apply Rotman, you have good avg! If you are taking calc, might as well apply other schools beside ryerson

Thanks for the advice... I will apply for others however I am not sure something just tells me Ryerson future is good and it just feels right don't know why... Gut feeling I guess.

Also the link you sent me is for the certificate courses not the degree courses. I have been looking for them but cant find them.. Do u know where they are?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

bump :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0