yconic - Ryerson Architecture Interviews
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Architecture Interviews

A photo of a5hley a5hley
Has anyone else booked their sppointment yet? I booked mine for the 17th, and I'm kind of regretting it now. I'm not sure if by then they'll be fed up of seeing so many portfolios that it'll lessen my chances. I tried to register for the 2-5 but it was full, so I'm somewhat relieved to know alot of other people also booked that day. Does anyone know if it will affect my chances?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of jelly jelly
It doesn't let me book :(

Is the Ryerson Student Number the one with your initials and then a bunch of random numbers? It says I can't be found.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I'm an idiot. I booked for the 17th. I don't really have a choice, I need the time LOL. Kind of still procrastinating and only have ~5 pieces completed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of tellyvision tellyvision
if it makes you feel better, i booked for the 17th and also worried about the same thing LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Hows everyone's portfolios coming along? I'm not sure if I can finish.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joannelee94 joannelee94
I booked mine for March 17, 2-5. I was wondering the same thing, if the dates have any influence on their decisions. I was about to choose the first date until I realized that I probably need the break to get my portfolio ready. (ugh they demand so much)
Maybe they give you credit for choosing an earlier date? But, I highly doubt that.
And, I can't believe it takes 3 hours...

As for the portfolio, I wouldn't say I don't have enough pieces, but I want to take time to make new pieces. I think my old pieces are crap... haha

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of a5hley a5hley
Glad to know I'm not the only one that booked it late!
I didn't decide until late that I wanted to go into architecture and all my old art is not up to par. So for my portfolio I have pretty much 2 pieces ready to go. Ontop of working on Carleton portfolio all of February, I need as much time as I can get. How close is everyone else to being finished?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I have 2 that I'm legitimately satisfied with, and 2 more that I'm in the process of working on. I have a couple old ones that I don't really think are up to par too, but if time doesn't allow, I'll have to end up using them. I need some ideas though... all my pieces thus far are generally just paintings (watercolour, oil, acryllic).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rosesara80 rosesara80
I booked mine on march 17, 2-5

btw how are your portfolio's coming along? Mind showing some? I wanna see how tough the competition is :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Niem Niem
I booked mine for March 3rd. I really didn't want to stress over this during the break, lol.

My portfolio has a couple acrylic paintings, a set of digital and film photographs, a large graphite drawing, a digital illustration. I feel like my portfolio is too artsy and doesn't have enough tech-y works, lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I've read from most applicants of previous years that it doesn't really matter if you're lacking anything technical. They don't really expect you to know that stuff, so just showcasing artistic talent/skill is enough I think. I should probably work on some sketches and stuff, I feel like having too many paintings isn't diverse enough. Not a photography/digital person either, I feel so limited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of a5hley a5hley
Good luck to everyone that has their evaluation tomorrow! I'd love to hear how it goes for everyone else to
Was this helpful? Yes 0