yconic - Ryerson Bcom vs Laurier honours economics
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Bcom vs Laurier honours economics

A photo of Mgill Mgill
I am debating whether to accept Ryerson's Ted Rogers Business Management program (Bcom) or Laurier's Honours Economics and Accounting program. What would you recommend? I believe the Laurier program gives you a BA? Does that mean even though i am taking economic and business courses i will only get a bachelor of arts degree? Also, what math courses are mandatory for the Laurier Honours Economics and Accounting program? Is it just one course or does it really go into depth in terms of math?

Please let me know any other additional information that may be helpful for me. Thanks alot!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of g93 g93
1. Undergraduate calendar

2. BA, not BBA/BComm etc. (HBAE actually and if you go through for accounting it will be an HBAEA)

3. Economics involves math

What do you plan to go through for?

What school do you like better? (campus, rez, atmosphere, etc)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mgill Mgill

@g93 wrote

2. BA, not BBA/BComm etc. (HBAE actually and if you go through for accounting it will be an HBAEA)

I am aware economics involves math but do you have any idea how many math courses are involved in the Laurier program? I heard MA129 is the required math course which is Introductory Calculus for Business and Social Science. Are there any other required maths? In terms of campus, rez and atmosphere i really like laurier but i am looking at it from the program point of view at this point.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Mgill wrote

@g93 wrote

I am aware economics involves math but do you have any idea how many math courses are involved in the Laurier program? I heard MA129 is the required math course which is Introductory Calculus for Business and Social Science. Are there any other required maths? In terms of campus, rez and atmosphere i really like laurier but i am looking at it from the program point of view at this point.

http://www.wlu.ca/calendars/program.php?cal=1&d=953&p=1926&s=440&y=49

You are also required to take MA122 (Intro to Linear Algebra) in Yr 2. You can choose MA129 (easy), MA103 (hard but gives you more skills) or MA110 (fairly hard, not as hard as 103 but 1.0 credit/all year).

Some of the economics courses you will take will have a lot of math and calculus components.

You can check the undergraduate calendar to see what courses you will need to take for the various concentration paths.
Was this helpful? Yes 0