yconic - Ryerson B.comm vs. Brock BAcc co-op?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson B.comm vs. Brock BAcc co-op?

A photo of supercool101 supercool101
Well, i'm going into ryerson's business management program (wanting to do accoutning) starting september. Now, i'm considering brock's accounting (BAcc co-op) as well as the program seems very attractive! The problem is, the program at brock is no longer accepting applications, so that means if i want to go there, i would have to try next year. My average in high school was 88% and university gpa (i'm transfer student) is A-. I heard ryerson isn't good for internship opportunities and since brock provides many opportunities through co-op (4 work terms), i'm sure to be successful, provided that i'm willing to work hard ofcourse. So what should i do? go to ryerson this year and try to transfer to brock the next year after?

Brock BAcc (co-op) >> ryerson??

Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of JohnQ JohnQ
I think you should transfer to brock. You'll waist a year but have a greater oppurtunity for success
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21
it's accredited with all three accounting designations (CA,CMA,CGA) maybe also other business designations...im not sure. It also depends on what you want to do...if ur not sure about accounting then go for bcomm at ryerson.

*quick question: if you high-school average was 88 why did you go to ryerson...I think you could've made rotman commerce at uft.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@Viking21 wrote
*quick question: if you high-school average was 88 why did you go to ryerson...I think you could've made rotman commerce at uft.

+ 1

With those grades you would've had a chance for UofT, would've gotten into Laurier for sure, and had a shot at Queen's/Ivey depending on your EC's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Username81 wrote

@Viking21 wrote

+ 1

With those grades you would've had a chance for UofT, would've gotten into Laurier for sure, and had a shot at Queen's/Ivey depending on your EC's.

Yeah, i graduated high school already, not too long ago though...so i'm currently a transfer student. I read its hard to transfer over to rotman as a transfer student. I was initially in a science program but switched to business now and hence i didn't apply straight into a business program straight from high school but currently trying my luck as a transfer student. So i am sort of restricted to the schools i can choose. I heard at Laurier, its competitive to get into co-op but in brock, you're almost sure to get in provided that you work hard. Thanks for all the answers so far guys. I'm just confused and wanna adjust soon since i'm growing older and older... haha :) (well not really).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kokonot123 kokonot123
if you want to do accounting and do the designations then brock is obviously the best choice out of the two.

although it seems to be too late to apply for first year, you could consider transferring to brock after a year in ryerson. but keep in mind the chances of successfully transferring are much harder than first year admissions; they already have the students they need that are currently in upper years so it will be a lot harder for them to choose you. okay that doesn't really make sense.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Viking21 Viking21

@supercool101 wrote

@Username81 wrote

@Viking21 wrote

+ 1

Yeah, i graduated high school already, not too long ago though...so i'm currently a transfer student. I read its hard to transfer over to rotman as a transfer student. I was initially in a science program but switched to business now and hence i didn't apply straight into a business program straight from high school but currently trying my luck as a transfer student. So i am sort of restricted to the schools i can choose. I heard at Laurier, its competitive to get into co-op but in brock, you're almost sure to get in provided that you work hard. Thanks for all the answers so far guys. I'm just confused and wanna adjust soon since i'm growing older and older... haha :) (well not really).

better late then never...good luck!

Personally I wouldn't go to ryerson because of an ego issue...but hey it might be the best thing ever to happen to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Viking21 wrote

@supercool101 wrote

@Username81 wrote

@Viking21 wrote

+ 1

better late then never...good luck!

Personally I wouldn't go to ryerson because of an ego issue...but hey it might be the best thing ever to happen to you.

Oh okay, thanks and good luck to you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kokonot123 wrote
if you want to do accounting and do the designations then brock is obviously the best choice out of the two.

although it seems to be too late to apply for first year, you could consider transferring to brock after a year in ryerson. but keep in mind the chances of successfully transferring are much harder than first year admissions; they already have the students they need that are currently in upper years so it will be a lot harder for them to choose you. okay that doesn't really make sense.

Hey, thank you for the information. I probably won't transfer anymore since they don't let you into co-op if you have more than 5 transfer credits (which i have), so there's no point. Thanks again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0