yconic - Ryerson bcomm
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson bcomm

A photo of BearStearns BearStearns
what are your views on Ryerson's undergraduate business program? what are the pros and cons of the school?

i am interested in getting my bcomm there straight after highschool, but i wan't to get a feeling of what the school is all about before i make any decisions.

another question, what average am i looking at to be competitive when applying to a school such as... rotman or schulich?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of apple123 apple123

@BearStearns wrote
what are your views on Ryerson's undergraduate business program? what are the pros and cons of the school?

i am interested in getting my bcomm there straight after highschool, but i wan't to get a feeling of what the school is all about before i make any decisions.

another question, what average am i looking at to be competitive when applying to a school such as... rotman or schulich?

Hey did not see any one reply.

Pretty new building! Decent Alumni...

Probably not ranked on the same level as U of T, Queens, Western, or Schulich. However it is growing into a good uni.

Hope this helps... I am in Gr12 so I don't know much yet LOL
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancecubed dancecubed

@BearStearns wrote

Haha, it's a good thing I didn't go to sleep yet :P

From my own experience:

Pros:
- Strong organizations that can help you decide on a major and get you connections
- Beautiful building (I love it)
- Commerce Frosh made it easy for me to meet people
- There are lots of things to do downtown on your spare time
- I personally love the atmosphere

Cons:
- It's still a growing school
- It's a tad bit lame to travel from the TRS building across campus to get to another class ;P
- It's pretty easy to spend money while you're down here
- Travel times (I travel over an hour a day to get to school)

You're looking at an 80+ average to stay competitive. Try your best for an 85+ average though :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jevette Jevette
Ryerson has already sent a wave of acceptances. I've already been accepted to the program since January, even though they don't have my first term grade 12 marks. The condition I have is to not drop past 78% so it's pretty easy.

Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0