yconic - ryerson business management question help!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

ryerson business management question help!

A photo of samacheampong samacheampong
okay so alot of people have been getting "conditional acceptances" or "early acceptances" for the ryerson business management program... and im pretty scared because i know I didnt do that great in grade 11 but im doing really good as of now! I was just wondering if you previously applied for this program when did you get accepted and with what avg..?

As for ryerson getting a tun of applicants this year im scared that im not going to get in to my desired program with my avg being a 83 after exams !

plz plz plz reply.. im scared scared scared this is were i want to go !!! HELP ME IF YOU CAN!

Our marks for gr 12 are being submitted through ouac by beginning febuary. . when do you possibly think ryerson will accept me although my grade 11 wasnt that good?

stressssssssssssed. :!:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
35 replies

A photo of KingJW KingJW
You have no need to be stressed. Listen I'm in grade 12 but I know from Alot of people that once you have 83 and above your set. I applied there and my average is a 87. However I finished grade 11 with a 81.3 average and haven't gotten an early acceptance yet. Don't worry man, there are lots of applicants but remember they accept alot of people, and a bulk of those people have lower averages then you.

Btw what averages did the people who got early acceptances have in grade 11? And how many people do you know?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

You are right! I'm going to just wait and see what happens . But the people that have gotten early acceptances are in that avg range but their eng avg was over 70 and math over 70. So if yours was you should be receiving an early acceptance sometime this week for sure ! Keep checking your choose > ryerson portal !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ps3fanboy25 ps3fanboy25
I got accepted to retail management today.

I had a 90 in English last year and I had a 70 in Math, and I took Function/Applications (university/college course).

I applied to Business Management too but that was just a backup incase I didn't get into retail.

My overall average was about 81.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Congrats !!!! Hopefully I get into Ted Rogers aswell !!! Keep up the good work tho !!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
Maybe they are waiting to accept Business Management people. samacheampong, are you sure that business management students got accepted?

BTW I hope i get accepted soon, id be happy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yes most of the acceptances were conditional . If you had less than a 70 in any classes then that might be why you , but if ur avg is over an 80 + all your grades were over 70 I'm pretty sure u will get one soon
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
Last year final marks:
English: 77
Physics: 77
Biology: 80
Functions: 79
Law: 86
Accounting:82
Gym: 85
Marketing: 85
Avg: 81.3
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I'm pretty sure you'll get in, I got accepted to retail and not business yet and the requirements for both of them are the same.

The conditions of the offer are:

74% average of your top 6
65% in ENG 4U
65% in one 4U Math

I know I will get an 80% average and a 75% in English, I am just worried about the Math! I don't know if I can get a 65% in Data and if I don't they're gonna take the offer back
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou
I got my conditional offer last week, but they didn't actually tell me the conditions until today. (i've been refreshing religiously every day since I saw the offer... :c)

Basically, all they're asking is for me to maintain over a 78% average (for sure) and over a 70% in english and any of the 3 university level maths.

(This is for Business Management btw)

But if you're doing well this year, don't stress it. A lot of people haven't gotten offers yet! Good Luck! Just keep doing well for the rest of the year and it should be fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Congrats! But why would they ask you to maintain a 78% overall average and a 70% in English when they only asked me to maintain 65% in English/math and 74% overall? (for retail and business management).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ohayitsyou ohayitsyou
Thanks!
Not sure, maybe retail and business management have different requirements? My friend and I both only applied to the management program and we both got letters asking for 78% overall average. :|
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
I think I didn't get a early acceptance because of the date I sent in my application. I mean logically speaking, I sent mine in on the 3rd of January, so maybe those who sent theirs in early are receiving them and I'll be receiving my Business Management early acceptance soon. Final mark of 81.3 last year (lowest mark of 77)

Question: Did they send you a email or did you check Choose>Ryerson? or OUAC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Congrats !
Do you plan on attending Ryerson for business management?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bricksquad bricksquad
I GOT IN!!!! but the funny thing is im getting 55 in advanced functions... At least I have data management next sem, so as long as I get 70+ I'm goooood :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

realllllllllly what was your grade 11 avg????
Was this helpful? Yes 0

realllllllllly what was your grade 11 avg????
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TMLeafs TMLeafs
I just got accepted into ryerson business management (as well as ind. engineering)

my grade 11 marks:
Accounting: 83
Comp. Sci: 88
Physics: 81
Chemistry: 72
Biology: 74
English 60
Functions: 80

Grade 12 (already completed)
English : 86
Adv. Functions: 80

mid-term marks (grade 12):
Physics: 75 (it's gone down)
Religion: 91
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
@TMLeafs - Did you send your application in early? like before winter break? And did they send you offer through Choose>Ryerson?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TMLeafs TMLeafs

@KingJW wrote
@TMLeafs - Did you send your application in early? like before winter break? And did they send you offer through Choose>Ryerson?

I sent my application the day before the deadline.

And they mailed me my conditional offer. I think they sent me something through that site because I just recently got an e-mail from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
I don't know, I'm starting to wonder whats up because I have the marks (81.3)from last year final term and I sent my app in Jan 2nd but still haven't gotten a conditional offer. Been checking my Ryerson portal since last Friday. I ultimately know Ill get it with my 86-87 midterm average but I'm just confused cause i know a lot of people who are getting in Ryerson already for business and other programs before me with lower marks and sent in their application on a later date, but I haven't seen anything. Also Ive checked my mail like every two days for past week, including today. So i don't know . . . I guess its just patience for me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apple123 apple123
Hey I checked on the entire Ryerson website but I couldn't find that are you supposed to send information such as supplimentarys or essays or personal statements or something?>/?

PLEASE REPLY THANKS!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KingJW KingJW
No supplementary forms. No essays. No personal statements. Nothing at all.

All you do is apply. It's called a Grades-Only program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@KingJW wrote
No supplementary forms. No essays. No personal statements. Nothing at all.

All you do is apply. It's called a Grades-Only program.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@samacheampong wrote
okay so alot of people have been getting "conditional acceptances" or "early acceptances" for the ryerson business management program... and im pretty scared because i know I didnt do that great in grade 11 but im doing really good as of now! I was just wondering if you previously applied for this program when did you get accepted and with what avg..?

As for ryerson getting a tun of applicants this year im scared that im not going to get in to my desired program with my avg being a 83 after exams !

plz plz plz reply.. im scared scared scared this is were i want to go !!! HELP ME IF YOU CAN!

Our marks for gr 12 are being submitted through ouac by beginning febuary. . when do you possibly think ryerson will accept me although my grade 11 wasnt that good?

How do you find out how many ppl applied this year???
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ss501forever ss501forever

@samacheampong wrote

I got a conditional offer of admission to Ryerson's Business Management program about 3 weeks ago. It's true early offers are based only grade 11 marks (my average was 88%) but considering that they only asked me to maintain a 78% average, samacheampong I am confident that if you maintain an of 83 or above you will be accepted into Ryerson before April. ^^ If I accept my offer, I really hope to see you at Ryerson! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0