yconic - Ryerson Early Childhood Education vs Guelph-Humber Early Childhood Education
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Early Childhood Education vs Guelph-Humber Early Childhood Education

A photo of icedogalex icedogalex
Hello Everyone.

I still have not applied to university/college yet and I am in need in some opinions. The two schools mentioned above (Ryerson and Guelph-Humber) are my top two choices for university. I have looked into colleges and I have seen that Sheridan, Humber, and George Brown all have very strong Early Childhood Education programs.

The bottom line is, I am considering both university and college. My marks are in the 75-80% range so I have been told I most likely won't have a problem getting into any of the above schools. (I am a 4U Ontario student by the way). I also believe I should mention that I am finishing the International Business and Technology program at Gordon Graydon Memorial Secondary School. However, I can't really mention the program in my Ryerson application. All the other schools have some form of supplementary applications.

My main goal is to become an elementary school teacher. If anyone can just give my some pros and cons, that'd be great. I do not mind starting at college and linking to university later. That's why I liked Guelph-Humber, I can do both at the same time.

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. Happy Holidays everyone!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
I wouldn't normally recommend Windsor, but they do offer a B.Ed/BA/ECE option joint with St. Clair College. You may be interested in that.

But, if you're intent on staying within the GTA, then I think you should do the Guelph-Humber deal. My mom is an ECE and says Humber is pretty much the best you can get for ECE, so the ability to do a degree too will put you in an ideal position to get certified to be a teacher after.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of icedogalex icedogalex

@Ba Ba Blue wrote
I wouldn't normally recommend Windsor, but they do offer a B.Ed/BA/ECE option joint with St. Clair College. You may be interested in that.

But, if you're intent on staying within the GTA, then I think you should do the Guelph-Humber deal. My mom is an ECE and says Humber is pretty much the best you can get for ECE, so the ability to do a degree too will put you in an ideal position to get certified to be a teacher after.

I appreciate your speedy response! I am leaning on Guelph-Humber right now. I'm kind of surprised you did not refer to Ryerson at all. This may be irrelevant, but do you think a Guelph degree looks better than a Ryerson one?
Was this helpful? Yes 0