yconic - Ryerson Supplementary Form
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Supplementary Form

A photo of MagicBox MagicBox
Hi! i'm trying to transfer into Ryerson's collaborative nursing program. I was wondering if you're supposed to print out the supplementary form and fill it out and then send it by mail? Or do you send it to them online somewhere? Because Mac's supplementary form you just fill out online and you don't have to do it by mail.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of MagicBox MagicBox
also, any suggestions on what i should include in the question part that says "Outline the reasons you have decided to apply to the program, as well as details and factors relevant to the review of your application"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello!

I'm looking to transfer as well and Ryerson is one of my options. I'm having difficulties finding school that will accept transfer students. I called McMaster and Western and they both told me they don't accept nursing transfer students....

Anyways I haven't started applying for the supplementary form but I will soonn and I will let you know if I know the answer to your questions. I hope that it all can be done online.

What other schools are you going to apply to? And what school are you at now? I'm assuming that you're a first year nursing student as well if not then these questions won't really matter ahah.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@shirley19 wrote
Hello!

I'm looking to transfer as well and Ryerson is one of my options. I'm having difficulties finding school that will accept transfer students. I called McMaster and Western and they both told me they don't accept nursing transfer students....

Anyways I haven't started applying for the supplementary form but I will soonn and I will let you know if I know the answer to your questions. I hope that it all can be done online.

What other schools are you going to apply to? And what school are you at now? I'm assuming that you're a first year nursing student as well if not then these questions won't really matter ahah.

I'm guessing that western won't accept transfers because of how the program is set up. we do things first year that other programs dont do until 2nd or 3rd year, so if you transfer then you're missing out on learning those skills, like med's and injections.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Possibly, in respsonse from Western:
"If you are transferring to an upper year in nursing it is very difficult because you don't find out until very very late in the summer. If you were to apply to year 1 then you can submit an application."

And I just got an email from Ryerson saying that even if I do get accepted then I would still have to take the core nursing classes again but certain credits could trasnfer over.

I need opinions. Is it worth it to start again in first year to switch to a prefered enviornment, closer to home and a bigger university?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Gecko Gecko
I am currently in the Ryerson Program (Ryerson Site, 1st year), and I also applied as a mature student. When I did it last year I printed off the form and mailed it to the campus. I am not sure whether things have changed or not this year.

Just from expereince in dealing with admissions offices, you may want to go to the office directly and give it to them also. Sometime things can get lost in papers. Just my two cents.
Was this helpful? Yes 0