yconic - Ryerson Waitlist Update! I Got In!!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson Waitlist Update! I Got In!!!

A photo of wcreid wcreid
They called me this morning to confirm I was still interested in the RTA program, which I said I definitely was. The person I spoke with (head of admissions I believe) said they were starting to go through the waitlisted applications, and I could get a callback as early as today. I figured that was unlikely just because most things aren't that speedy, but a couple hours later the same guy called me saying I was at or near the top of the list and he was gonna go ahead and offer me the spot!! I'm obviously overjoyed and am 99% sure I'm taking the offer. So basically my point is, to anyone who was waitlisted at Ryerson or elsewhere, have hope! If you're a strong candidate who put in a solid application and had high marks, don't give up!
Was this helpful? Yes 1
6 replies

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
Congratulations! Were you anxious when you were in the waiting list?
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of afpm09 afpm09
CONGRATS! That's so great to hear! I remember you had a thread before about being waitlisted and b/w western & guelph humber, which school was the better one. There's a facebook page for RTA already, check it out when you get a chance.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryerson-RTA-Radio-and-Television-Arts-Class-of-2015/215600135133323

A number of people entering the program are already on it & the second year kids are really nice & helpful. Can't wait for frosh week! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of StudentAtStPats StudentAtStPats
Congratulations! Hope you do well :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Congrats! My friend got accepted to the same program. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wcreid wcreid
thanks so much everyone. honestly, when i was waitlisted i basically just gave up hope because i didn't want to be optimistic and get let down all over again. so the day i got the call was obviously an incredible day for me. i still can't believe i'm going into the school of my dreams and the program i wanted so badly for so many years. & yeah i actually joined the rta facebook group the day i got accepted, i was that excited lmao. again, thanks everyone for the congratulations & i wish you ALL the best in the fall!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0