yconic - Ryerson(Ted Rogers) BCOM or Carleton(Sprott) BiB/BCOM for a finance major, which one is better?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Ryerson(Ted Rogers) BCOM or Carleton(Sprott) BiB/BCOM for a finance major, which one is better?

A photo of maniksaraf maniksaraf
Hey
I just got accepted to Ryerson BCOM and Carleton BiB and BCOM.
Which one is better in terms of
1) COOP
2) Internship/Part-time employment opportunities
3) Business school reputation
4) Alumni Support
5) Salary after graduating
6) Campus Recruitment

Any help would be appreciated, since I have one week left to accept one of them on OUAC.
Thanks
:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of g93 g93
What? You have until June 2 to accept.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of lmao lmao
Yeah, got into Sprott too. I changed Rotman to Sprott and got there acceptance in two days..that was pretty fast.

Choose Sprott.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 -
No I dont
I have one week left
maybe its cause im an international student and maybe its just a conditional offer or early decision
but I have till feb 1st week
@lmao-
Thanks
but on what basis is Sprott better?
I mean, Ive been hearing mixed reviews about sprott
and people tell me that Ryerson is just off bay street so there are much more oppurtunities there
Is that true?
and why did you Decline ROTMAN and accept Sprott! ? :O

And if i DO choose sprott, should i go for their BiB or BCOM ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao

@maniksaraf wrote

Thanks
but on what basis is Sprott better?
I mean, Ive been hearing mixed reviews about sprott
and people tell me that Ryerson is just off bay street so there are much more oppurtunities there
Is that true?
and why did you Decline ROTMAN and accept Sprott! ? :O

And if i DO choose sprott, should i go for their BiB or BCOM ?

Oh you are an international, cool. I'm just giving my personal opinion, I would choose Carleton over Ryerson because of the reputation.

I'm from Toronto, and as though Ryerson has some recognizable programs, the university is not so well respected here. Out of three universities in Toronto, Ryersons probably ranked last. It's just off bay street, but bay street firms favor Ivey, Queen's, Rotman, & Schulich over Ryerson. Toronto is a much better city, but the residence at Ryerson sucks because everyone commutes there.. so you'll have a better a student life at Carleton.

Out of the BIB and BCOM, I would choose BCOM because it has co-op but it's totally up to you. For BIB, you have to study a year abroad and learn a new language so that's pretty cool so I just applied to Carleton as a back up.

And no I didn't decline or accept anything, I just deleted Rotman because if I get in my parents will most likely make me stay in Toronto and I want to live on my own so I applied outside unis.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@maniksaraf wrote
@g93 -
No I dont
I have one week left
maybe its cause im an international student and maybe its just a conditional offer or early decision
but I have till feb 1st week

International student... that would definitely be why. That sucks that you have to choose so fast.

Carleton's campus is better. And congrats on being accepted :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of echan59100 echan59100
I'd go with Ryerson
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the help :)
But now, I accepted sprott but got admitted to JMSB.
Now what do i do?
How good is JMSB?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SuarezKopHero SuarezKopHero
bump, expecting the same scenario lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0