yconic - Safe mark for Schulich!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Safe mark for Schulich!

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
I hear a lot of people who talk bout this topic but they all give different answers…what is considered a safe mark for schulich given decent ECs and essays?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
+1
What's the definition of a decent essay?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@MINTOK wrote

93 is better... according to my numeracy skills.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
You could say 100 is better... but 92 is about right.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
92 seems to be a very safe benchmark for Schulich.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27
I'd say 93. 91 is the cutoff, if I'm not mistaken. 93 + mediocre/good ec's should do the job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
What about with average ECs/Essays?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Finance27 Finance27

@ilikeyork wrote

Same thing, tbh I don't think Schulich looks for any major EC's..just having some is important.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hobbs hobbs

@Finance27 wrote

@ilikeyork wrote

Same thing, tbh I don't think Schulich looks for any major EC's..just having some is important.

Doubtful.

Our school preaches a ton, even to first year students, about not putting on random crap on a page (resume) just to make it look like you've busied yourself and done a lot.

I filled up my page during my application process last year, but I had some things stand out.

And as for a 'safe mark', honestly, they have a lot to do with your ECs and essay as well. Schulich says it weighs the mark and supp. app 50/50, but I'd say it's probably closer to 70/30. Most people I've talked to have gotten in with around a 93ish sort of mark, but I know someone who was accepted after during second semester final exams with an 88.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@hobbs wrote

@Finance27 wrote

@ilikeyork wrote

Doubtful.

Our school preaches a ton, even to first year students, about not putting on random crap on a page (resume) just to make it look like you've busied yourself and done a lot.

I filled up my page during my application process last year, but I had some things stand out.

And as for a 'safe mark', honestly, they have a lot to do with your ECs and essay as well. Schulich says it weighs the mark and supp. app 50/50, but I'd say it's probably closer to 70/30. Most people I've talked to have gotten in with around a 93ish sort of mark, but I know someone who was accepted after during second semester final exams with an 88.

I know a couple of people like that too. They had a high mark at the 2nd midterm (93ish%) and got their offer. However, the offer is conditional and just requires a student to maintain 85% average, so if the mark would drop in the end to 85, they would still keep you, but give you a smaller scholarship. With that said, one still needs a high mark to get the original conditional offer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lalalogi lalalogi
People say 92% + in a reputable school pretty much guarantees you a spot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hobbs hobbs

@lalalogi wrote
People say 92% + in a reputable school pretty much guarantees you a spot.

With a good supp. app.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Most people say the supp app isn't as relevant past 92 because no one with a 92+ average has been rejected. Do you guys know anyone who got rejected with a 92+ average (regardless of ECs)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@jelly wrote
Most people say the supp app isn't as relevant past 92 because no one with a 92+ average has been rejected. Do you guys know anyone who got rejected with a 92+ average (regardless of ECs)?

Nope... they don't really come to Schulich to tell us about it. lmao
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Figures LOL. Though if it happened it should've appeared on these forums.
Was this helpful? Yes 0