yconic - Sauder or Beedie?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Sauder or Beedie?

A photo of Hakureikken Hakureikken
100% Sauder! You will not regret it! Sauder beats Beedie in every aspect of everything you look at. I know several people who commute from coquitlam to ubc every day and that is a much worse case. Yet, pick Sauder and the everyday commuting will definitely pay off!

-First year at Sauder
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh
100% Sauder! You will not regret it! Sauder beats Beedie in every aspect of everything you look at. I know several people who commute from coquitlam to ubc every day and that is a much worse case. Yet, pick Sauder and the everyday commuting will definitely pay off!

-First year at Sauder
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Xenova Xenova
Sauder will be better in the long run imo. That being said, I also feel Beedie is underrated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of dreamteam dreamteam

@adrianfkh wrote

-First year at Sauder

You seem too full of yourself. Sorry!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of adrianfkh adrianfkh

@dreamteam wrote

@adrianfkh wrote

-First year at Sauder

You seem too full of yourself. Sorry!

Sorry my Sauder pride within myself is just.. too much I know! But feel free to raise some arguments and we can go from there lol!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poachedsalmon poachedsalmon
To answer your question, we've got to first find out a little bit more as to what you want to do. Both schools are great, but in terms of universal reputation, Sauder does a bit better. However, if you plan on working in Vancouver, Beedie is just as respected.

I'm a Sauder accounting co-op student with a big4 in Vancouver, and from personal experience, I can say that Beedie students are just as smart and just as competent! It's the person, not the school, that makes or breaks an individual. Three hours of commuting is heavy, and it will surely take a toll on you both mentally and physically, so please keep that in mind.

That being said, Sauder is an amazing school and it was one of the best decisions I've made :).

Cheers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of JR24 JR24
Just sharing my opinion. I think Sauder itself only gains the extra recogition from UBC, not the actual superior quality of the business school.

SFU is known for its business school in Western Canada. If you just want to live in Vancouver or in the near proximity in the future, SFU will be suffice. However, keep in mind that if you do move away (to asia for example), the UBC name is better known.

Keep in mind that the 3 hours will be a pain in the ass. I am actually from Coquitlam and driving to Vancouver takes literally 40 minutes. Imagin having a bad day/waiting for the bus/Vancouver rain.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of poachedsalmon poachedsalmon

@Hakureikken wrote
Thanks for the reply! I'm interested in the field of accounting as well. Which school would offer better connections and opportunities? And if you were in my position, would you choose Sauder over Beedie?

Hiya, I can't really say considering I have never attended Beedie, but I can say that there tends to be more Sauder students at big4 accounting firms. However, I really believe that is due to the fact that Sauder has a bit more students. If you are a strong candidate, it really doesn't matter what school you attend, and I daresay attending a smaller school could even help you stand out.

I also don't know what I would do if I was in your position :p, it's a really tough question to answer and it wouldn't provide any useful information anyway!
Was this helpful? Yes 0