yconic - Scared I won't get into the program I want?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Scared I won't get into the program I want?

A photo of Azix Azix
I applied for Human Resources at York (BHRM) and it says the pre-requisite is one university math. The only university math I'm taking is data management and it's 62 right now. Math is my only weakness. I was getting 75 before the last test which I failed because I didn't get a chance to study.. I could potentially bring it back up to 70, but even with 62 bringing down my average, my average is still 78. This is my first choice and I really want to get it, do I have a chance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
Hard to say.

According to http://www.electronicinfo.ca/en/program-details.php?pcode=0_190212_2049_0

They did not include a grade cut off.

But 78 is a pretty decent average for human resources, if you boost data a little bit it will be an 80. i wouldnt be too worried if i were you.

You can call york admissions to get an idea of what avg they are looking for :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of picottj001 picottj001
I got accepted to their BHRM in January based on my grade 11 marks. My overall average was 81.3% while my top 5 average was 88.5%. It shouldn't be too difficult.
At the university fair, the York Rep told me that the cut-off is usually 82%, but I highly doubt it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0