yconic - Scholarship Concerns!!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Scholarship Concerns!!

A photo of KFisN KFisN
What kinds of things are the selection committees of scholarships looking for?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
23 replies

A photo of DoctorLawyerDentist DoctorLawyerDentist

@KFisN wrote
What kinds of things are the selection committees of scholarships looking for?

Character
Commitment
Grades
ECs
(Financial need)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rkm786 rkm786
Can you still apply for scholarships when you are in univesrity?

And if you can, does it reduce your chances to get them as opposed to a graduating student?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rkm786 rkm786
Which scholarships offer the most awards? There are so many that have only 1 prize so I don't think I'd be able to get anything from those..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alyciap alyciap
There are plenty of scholarships and bursaries for students already in University. Not quite as many, but a good selection. Don't feel discouraged.

Also, if you are okay with essay writing, there are always essay contests that don't really look at your education level so much as your character.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of emmymaye emmymaye
The administration who give out scholarships from companies and different schools are looking for active community service and good grades with potential seeking a career. They are definitely worth looking into!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JDJ94 JDJ94
There are so many scholarships but a lot of competition for them as well.Sometimes it feels like a waste of time applying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bookwormsupreme bookwormsupreme
no, it's not a waste of time because if you win you get money for FREE!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ghimire ghimire
Are there any scholarships specifically for IB diploma/certificate students?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of futuredoc futuredoc

@JDJ94 wrote
There are so many scholarships but a lot of competition for them as well.Sometimes it feels like a waste of time applying.

I agree! It can be so discouraging!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jonnykay jonnykay

@futuredoc wrote

@JDJ94 wrote

yea sure is, basically i just apply to the more obscure scholarhips, the little less known ones can still add up to quite a considerable sup if you get enough of them. basically, i applied to anything that remotely related to me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@jonnykay wrote

@futuredoc wrote

@JDJ94 wrote

yea sure is, basically i just apply to the more obscure scholarhips, the little less known ones can still add up to quite a considerable sup if you get enough of them. basically, i applied to anything that remotely related to me.

you need to have a lot of time, though, to apply to all the scholarships that apply to u...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of amymiao amymiao

@futuredoc wrote

@jonnykay wrote

@futuredoc wrote

@JDJ94 wrote

you need to have a lot of time, though, to apply to all the scholarships that apply to u...

does that work? I'm planning on applying to every scholarship that I'm elligible for...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of missanwer missanwer
I don't think applying for every scholarship you can find is a good idea. Applying for the ones that actually relate to you makes sense. That way you probably have a higher chance of winning. You can make the few you enter really count rather than just flying through all the ones you can think of. (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@missanwer wrote
I don't think applying for every scholarship you can find is a good idea. Applying for the ones that actually relate to you makes sense. That way you probably have a higher chance of winning. You can make the few you enter really count rather than just flying through all the ones you can think of. (:

Yes, that does make more sense. Do some really good ones instead of a whole ton of OK ones :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sroberts sroberts
I've always heard that there are tons of scholarships each year that are not given out because people don't apply for them. My school has a scholarship package that goes out this time of year and they always say apply for everything you could be eligible for because that gives you the best chance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@sroberts wrote
I've always heard that there are tons of scholarships each year that are not given out because people don't apply for them. My school has a scholarship package that goes out this time of year and they always say apply for everything you could be eligible for because that gives you the best chance.

It's best if you set aside a reasonable amount of time to spend on your scholarships. It seems to me that you guys are all a little bit right. If you do all the ones you can find, you do have a better chance but if you don't do a good job, there's no point in applying. So apply to as many as you can, but make sure you put effort into it.

~Good luck guys. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of redingra redingra
I've found that the easiest way to find scholarships for existing undergrads is to go directly to the university's website. They usually have a list posted of potential scholarships with links to websites for more information on the application process.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I have found this site helpful in finding scholarships. It does take time. I hope it will pay off in the end.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jeffjanz jeffjanz
Scholarships are so frustrating I find. I plan to switch schools but then that seems to break a lot of the current applying requirements...

this is aweful.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Shannie Shannie
It sucks that scholarships are frustating, but it's kind of nice to know other people are just as frustrated as you. IT WILL BE WORTH IT!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of melissanottingham1 melissanottingham1
Any hints on how to start the search for school funding?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shawnax3 shawnax3
Apply to as many scholarships as you can that apply to you in anyway.
That's what I am doing, so I have a better chance of atleast getting something.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of taintedone taintedone
Can anyone tell me about university of toronto make decisions for A-levels applicants. I basically have three A-levels: Maths Accounting Economics- all predicted As. My O-levels are 7As and 1B (this is the syllabus where A is the highest grade that can be achieved).
Do I have chances to get into U of T for management program with scholarship?
PS I am not an international student :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0