yconic - Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Scholarships

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
So when you are up for a scholarship, would a university only consider your top 6 grade 12 courses, or ALL of the courses taken in university?

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

A photo of cassallen cassallen
Universities only look at your top 6 highest marks.
And its not a stupid question, i had it once too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
For ADMISSIONS, of course they only look at your top 6..
but for SCHOLARSHIPS, it's a different story.
It depends on the scholarship itself.
Most scholarships that I know of and that I applied for take into account your OVERALL average of all your grade 12 marks.
Maybe certain scholarships for the university you applied to will only use the courses they used to calculate your average,
but most scholarships that you find out in the community will look at your overall average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zapman111 zapman111
Top six bruh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Depends on the scholarship.

For most automatic university entrance scholarships (ie. the ones that you get based on how high your average is), only your top 6 4U/4M courses are used.

For other university scholarships (like national scholarship programs) and scholarships given out by private organizations, it's all your marks from grade 9 or grade 11 until now. If a scholarship you're applying for asks for a transcript, they're at looking at marks beginning in grade 9 for sure. If it's a university scholarship and they ask for your OUAC number, it's probably grade 11 and grade 12 marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of deja deja
is it tru most people dont even apply for sholarships or is that just a rumour
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cierrasmyth cierrasmyth
I think it depends on the scholarship!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of carleejade carleejade
Theres also a lot of scholerships out there that don't even look at your marks. If you ask your school counciler they are more then willing to help match you up with scholorships that are meant just for you
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@deja wrote
is it tru most people dont even apply for sholarships or is that just a rumour

That's definitely not entirely true.
A LOT of people WILL apply for scholarships, but a lot of people will ONLY apply for the BIG scholarships.. such as the TD one, Loran, RBC, or scholarships given by universities.
That's why it's good to apply for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that you can.. even the smaller ones worth less.. because so many people DON'T apply for them, it's easier to win them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NinaHagerty NinaHagerty
Thanks for posting, I had the same question :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dyd dyd
depends on the scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0